Chapter 5

The weekend was near. Brain had been ignoring me since that day. I wanted to know why he had been acting so skeptical about Riley. He had to tell me something but we were nowhere close to end the so called chapter of "RILEY". I tried calling and texting him but no replies. And somehow the tension between us made things kind of rough for Ty and I. All I could think about was the talk I had with Brian. I started to keep my distance with Ty.
Later, that day my phone rang. It was Ty. "Hey,you going to the party today?"he asked.
"What party?"I asked as I was never quite a social butterfly.
"The party that your ex is hosting!"he stated trying to be sarcastic.
"Brian is hosting a party?"I asked.
"Yeah. You should keep me company."he said.
"Don't you already have someone to give you company?"I asked. It was now my turn to turn around the tables. My turn to be a little sarcastic.
"Really?What's going on with you? Don't you care about your best friend's life?"he screamed over the phone compelling me to almost, I mean almost hangup on him but instead I asked"Ok, tell me what happend."
"Leave it. Lets go the party. I will tell you on my way there."he said and hung up the phone. I got dressed in a simple blue denim shorts and a white shirt. I got out of the house and headed over to Ty's. As I was nearing his front porch, my phone vibrated. I took it out to check it. It was a text. A text from Brian.
"Alexis! I'm throwing a party at my place. I hope you'll come and yeah maybe we can talk..." said the text. After reading it I tucked my phone away. Ty was already out of the door and making his way towards the street.
"Ty aren't we taking the car?"I asked.
"Nah. Its a short walk."he said. We started walking and soon after reached Brian's party. As soon as I entered his house I saw lots of people. People I knew and some who I had never seen in my entire life.
"Alexis. I'm going to garb a drink. Do you want one?"asked Ty.
"Nah.I'm good.Go get your drink.I will just look around."I answered. Ty left and I found myself desperately searching around for Brian. When my eyes got tired from searching him I went outside to get some air. There I met Lyndsey. She is my friend. "Hey!Look who has finally decided to show up to a party!"Lyndsey said nearing me.
Let me make some things clear. I'm not really anti-social. Its just my friend circle is limited and I usually don't attend parties.
"Haha!Very funny."I said.
"You looking for someone?"she asked.
"Yeah but wait how do you know?"I asked.
"Perks of being your friend. I'm a psychic you know."she said jokingly. Lyndsey was someone who knew me quite well. Almost even better than Ty.
"Actually I'm looking for Brian. Seen him anywhere?"I asked.
She turned towards the group of people who were scattered around the backyard. "He is right there."she said pointing a finger towards his direction.
"Thanks. See you later."I said making my way towards Brian.
I called out his name. "Alexis."he said as if he was aware that I was going to come to him. "You said we would talk."I asked firmly. "About that. Lets go somewhere a little less crowded."he said as we walked a short distance away from the crowd.
"Before I tell you I just need you to know that I had no intention to drag you into this mess or to hurt you."he said. His face had turned a little gloomy. "Brain, cut to the chase."I said growing anxious.
"Its about....."he took a deep breath and continued "Back when you broke up with me. My mind kind of went haywire. I was unable to distinguish the bad and the good. A week after we broke up I met Riley. She had come over to town to vist her cousions. We had a fling. It was just a silly summer fling but when I got to know that she was going to the same school as you and Ty I asked her to do something stupid."he stopped.
"What did you ask her to do?"I asked.
He turned away from me and finally said"I asked her....... I asked her to date Tyler."
I freezed at that point. I was trying to make sense of what Brian just said.
"I'm sorry Alexis. If you want I can ask Riley to leave Tyler. I only did this for you.Tyler never saw you as more than friends.I was just looking out for you. "he said.
"Enough! Don't you dare get Ty involved in it. Just stay away from me and Ty."I said and made my way out af his home as quickly as I could. As I made my way toward the street I heard Ty calling out to me. I didn't stop. I didn't wish for Ty to see me this way because I don't know just what I might utter out of my mouth. But he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. My head lied on his chest. I could hear his heat beating. Real fast.
"I'm sorry."I began to say as tears rolled down my eyes.
"Shh... Its ok."he said pulling me into a hug.
"How can you say that its ok?When you don't even know the reason."I said.
"I know.I know everything and that is the reason why I broke up with Riley.None of it was your fault."he said hugging me more tightly.
"Everything?I wonder...." I thought.

"That was something." I thought now when I was back at home. A lot happened that night. Brain told me what he said to Riley and what she did for him. Ty broke up with Riley. I am supposed to happy but I'm not because Ty had to suffer. He suffered because of me. He was the victim and I was the convict.

But the thing I saw after that changed the conclusions I had came up with. I was seated near the window when I saw them making out. Riley and Ty shoving it on my face. All the things Ty had said to me was it all simply a lie? Was what he did too a lie?
I couldn't believe it. Nothing no longer made sense. He said he knew everything. Did he just tell this to comfort me or does Ty really know everything??

Author's note
I made you all wait a lot. I'm sorry for making you all wait. So this chapter too has kind of a cliffhanger. Though we now know what Brian wanted to tell. But now the question comes does Ty know everything?? And will Alexis confess her feelings anytime soon?
I hope you guys enjoy this.
Happy new year folks😊❤🎍