Chapter 6

If ever there was an awkward tension between a group of people, it could not have been as intense as the train ride back to Dauntless.

Tobias and I sit together, but keep our hands to ourselves and watch as Zeke carves small, cave-man like etches into the wall.

"Well, what's next?", Christina says, cutting the awful silence, and instead replacing it with the excitement of the game.

"Ask me Tris, I'll go.", Uriah states, "I'm no pansy-cake.".

"Enough with that word!", Marlene whines.

"Candor or Dauntless?", I ask.

"Candor.", he says, shifting uncomfortably, crossing his legs, and realizing that volunteering himself for more torment might not have been the best idea.

"Who do you like?", I ask. It is a simple question, but the sight of Uriah's nervous face tells me that this was not something he wanted to come up.

"Christina.", he mumbles.

"What?", questions Zeke.

"Christina!", Uriah's cheeks glow red, and he refuses to make eye contact with anything except the ground.

"Well,", Will says, putting his arm around Christina, "I can see why, she is pretty great.". The couple quickly kiss, and Uriah, although still embarrassed, looks somewhat thankful for Will's good nature.

"Alright Zeke,", Uriah states, "Truth or dare?".

"Dare!", Zeke screams over the wind.

"You have to spend the rest of the train ride hanging outside the car, and only holding on with one hand.", he says melodiously.

"Isn't that really dangerous?", I whisper in Tobias' ear.

"Don't worry, I've seen kids do it all the time. If something does happen, I'll be here to help.", Tobias reassures me. He is so strong, so tough, so stable. It truly does amaze me that in a world of such underhandedness, and deviousness, he could remain so collected. I am so lucky that he is mine.

"Alright Four,", Zeke yells over the wind, "candor or dauntless?"

"Candor."

"What is one of your deepest fears, you know, from your simulation?"

Staring into his brilliant ocean colored eyes, I can see him contemplating his answer. If he tells the truth, he will be revealing one of the many private parts of himself, but if he lies and says something ridiculous, he is bound to take heavy ridicule. Finally, he opens his mouth although to speak, but abruptly shuts it before taking his shirt off, only to reveal a thin black tank top underneath. I try not to quiver at the sight of his newly exposed skin, and the creeping lines of black ink that form the hidden faction symbols lined down his spine.

"Hey Tris, they're just arms." Uriah jokes, and I can suddenly my face flush red as I dart my eyes away from Tobias.

"Christina," I ask, "truth or dare?"

"Dare", she says bravely.

I smile a bit, trying to really get into the game, I say, "We better get off soon, otherwise we'll miss the factionless sector."

---------------------------------------------
Please like and comment!