Chapter 2

My leg bounces up and down, I haven't been this nervous since Tobias kissed me for the first time. I made first in initiation, I still can't seem to comprehend it.

I'm finally a member of Dauntless, I finally belong. "When are the other guests going to arrive Zeke?" Tobias asks, his strong arm lies across my shoulder, while we sit very close together on the couch.

"You know Dauntless, are they ever on time?" He rolls his eyes and quickly kisses my cheek. Obvious blush fills my cheeks, as Tobias gently whispers in my ear, "You look good Tris."

We modestly flirt while waiting for the other guests, every now and then I catch Zeke staring at us with amused eyes.

It feels so odd being so open about our relationship, this is yet another dauntless tradition that I will have to accept. Nothing is secret.

__________________________

"Let's get this party started!" Uriah screams the cheesy line into the air. We all sit in a rather sloppy circle, where Zeke announces that as 1st in initiation, I should start.

"So, all you do is pick someone, ask candor or dauntless, and if they decide not to do or answer something, then they have to take off an article of clothing." Zeke explains, "Anyone who backs out of a Dauntless is a pansycake." We all laugh at the out of date term.

"Christina," I begin, "candor or dauntless."

"Dauntless." She says with out any hesitation. I smile to myself, this should be fun.

"I dare you to tell us your most embarrassing story." I am greeted with boo's from everyone, it must be a lame dare.

When everyone settles down, Christina begins. "Well, it was a year ago. At the end of Candor initiation, every initiate goes under truth serum and confesses to everyone. So, my friends dragged me to it, and these things can take all day. Well I had to pee, but my friends insisted that we hurry before all of the seats are taken. So I went to the event, and everything was going ok, until....." We all yell at her to continue, I guess that this dare wasn't that bad. "Until this one initiate, Dave went up. He was rambling on about his favorite pastimes, and how when he was in erudite, he studied how the city's water pipes worked. Needless to say, he started going into detail, so I peed myself."

We all bust out laughing. Christina elbows Will in the ribs, but even as he winces, he continues to laugh.

I've never seen Christina go so red. "Candor or dauntless." Christina snaps, cutting off the laughter.

She aims her gaze like knives directly at Uriah. "Dauntless." His retort is so smug that Christina starts to smirk.

"You think that peeing yourself is so funny, then why don't you try it. I dare you to drink two gallons of water, and you are forbidden to go to the bathroom for the rest of the game. If you lose, then you have to tell Eric that you love him." Uriah swallows, but gets up and fills a rather large container of water. We watch him guzzle it back, cup by cup, until Christina gives the say so. He sits back down, less confident, as he takes his place in the circle. "This is going to be a long night," he proclaims, "So Four, candor or dauntless?"

---------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote, I love all of my rebels out there. Keep being awesome! ❤️