Chapter 4

"I don't want to do this." I try to plead with Shauna. "Can't I just take off my top shirt, the rules say that If I don't want to do a dare, I can......" "You should know by now that Dauntless don't always play by the rules." Shauna interrupts. "You are doing this."

"Don't worry," Tobias whispers in my war, "I won't let it go too far." I kiss his cheek quickly to thank him, and follow the others out of Zeke's apartment.

My hands shake as I jump on the train, and Tobias has to catch me to prevent me from falling off.

"He is going to kill me." I moan and let my head fall I into Tobias's shirt. I try to let the familiar smells calm me.

Everyone seems involved with something. Either their partner, friend, or in Zeke and Shauna's case, staring out of the door at the brilliant night.

"What are you thinking about?" Tobias snaps me out of my daze.

"Nothing, and everything I suppose."

"Going to make me guess?" Tobias teases me.

"I'm thinking about this stupid dare, about my future, about our future."

"Ahh," he sighs, "I was hoping to ask you in a more..... appropriate setting. But, now that you mention it, I was wondering if you would move in with me? We could get a bigger apartment and everything."

I try to hide my joy, and my fear. The memories of my fear simulation slowly creep into my mind. I swallow hard amd run my sweaty palms on my jeans. Tobias looks down on me with the brilliant blue eyes expectantly. "Yes."

Tobias smiles, a real smile. He leans his head down and kisses me gently. I sit up taller and kiss him back. Suddenly, our surroundings are non-existent. I turn my hands in his shirt to pull him closer and......

"Woah, initiation really did change you Stiff." I throw Tobias off in embarrassment, and slink down at the notice of everyone's eyes on us. Shauna breaks the uncomfortable silence,

"We are here."

---------------------------------------------
Please comment and vote! :-)