Chapter 1

(See to take place just after initiation ended, and before the war begun)

"Do I have to go?" I almost beg Christina.

She keeps insisting about some party over at Zeke's apartment after initiation. Apparently Zeke is Uriah's older brother, and from what I have heard, he is a rather daring member of Dauntless.

"Yes Tris, you have to go! How can you miss your first Dauntless party. Maybe you'll meet someone." She winks and raises her eyebrows mockingly.

I blush, thinking about Tobias. She doesn't know that we are together yet, which I find for the best. There is no need to implement the idea of Four playing favorites, once initiation is truly over, we will announce it on our own time.

"I bet that they will play candor or dauntless, I hope that you have nicer underwear then those baggy grey things."

"What?" I ask, why is my underwear suddenly a topic of conversation? I understand that Christina has been giving me makeovers, but this is starting to get out of hand.

"That's right, you probably didn't play candor or dauntless in Abnegation. It's simple really, someone either asks you a question or dares you to do something, if you refuse to do it then you have to take off an article of clothing. But socks and shoes don't count." She bounces on her heels excitedly, there is no way out of this.

"Fine." I moan, Christina drags me to the pit where dauntless both young and old are running around preparing for tonight's big event. Butterfly's flutter in my stomach as I watch this take place, this is my home now.

We don't have to be in the simulation room until noon, and it is only nine I the morning, so Christina wastes no time pushing me in and out of stores.

I decide that layers will be my new best friend for the night, and go with leggings hidden under a layer of jeans. My tops will include an array of dark t-shirts, with a lacy black bra underneath. It was the only way to shut up Christina, and besides, I don't plan on getting anywhere near the point of exposing my undergarments.

It is eleven thirty by the time we are done, and I am utterly exhausted. I swear that if I see one more store I will drop dead.

We unload our bags in the dorms and head off to the simulation room for our final test.

"This is it." I think,  "this is all that stands between me and a life in Dauntless."

--------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote! This is one-shot, but if you guys like it, then I will continue writing it. Thanks my Rebels. :-)