Mushy Gushy Valentines Special!

Ava’s POV

I straightened my hair and brushed off my clothes one more time. Today was Valentines Day. I had to look nice for when Daemon gave me my chocolate! Victoria said that I’m supposed to give HIM chocolate. But that’s just a stupid idea.

Grabbing my bag, and fluffing my hair again, I rushed out to Daemon. I could sense where he was, and appeared beside him and our friends. Sneakily entwining my fingers through his, I gave his hand a small squeeze.

“Oh, hey babe.”

I smiled up at him,

“Hey. Guess what day it is today?”

“February 14th?”

“And…”

“And…it’s Tuesday? Uh…I gotta go. The guys are meeting up for some football.” He said casually before walking off.

My body froze. How was he so casual today? Didn’t he know what day it was?! Or maybe he does know and is just tricking me. The jerk!

I spun on my heel and stalked off in the opposite direction. Brainstorming ways to find out for sure if he had forgotten. Then I raised my head. I had an idea! I would just have to give him hints on what day it was, and eventually he should acknowledge it!

***

I snuck across the football field. From my crouched position, I could just see Daemon running towards me to catch the ball. It was now or never. Quickly, I stuck the stick out through the hole I had made and in an instant Daemon was sprawled on the floor. Move! Move! Move!

I rushed out of my hiding place, my male disguise flawless, and snatched up the football. Replacing it with the special valentines football I had found. Sure, the ball was pink and heart covered, but other than that you couldn’t tell the difference. I slipped the real ball under my coat and shuffled back to Daemon, being careful to add in a bit of extra swagger to look more manly.

“Uh, here. Your ball fell dawg. Um…see ya home skillet!”  I barked out in a low voice, dropping the ball beside him and running back to my hiding place before he could notice the difference in the balls. Daemon got up and brushed himself off, picking up the ball before throwing it back down. He turned to Lucas and his other friend, anger on his face.

“That dude just jacked our ball! What the hell!?”

Oh god. This was not how things were supposed to go. Quickly, I closed my eyes and reappeared outside Astrid’s house. Time for plan B!

***

“Why do I have to be here again?”

“Because! Astrid is too strong to look girly, and I can’t do it otherwise he’d notice me!”

Victoria groaned and crossed her arms. I don’t know why she was so moody. I already promised to pay them both in cupcakes. Astrid looked at me. Her male disguise looked so accurate that for a moment I forgot it was her.

“Fine. Let’s get this over with then. When is he getting here?”

Victoria was wearing a blonde wig and was dressed as a cute little valentines girl. Clad in all white and pinks. Astrid was playing her boyfriend and was wearing casual clothes that also happened to look Valentines-y. They were supposed to pretend to be exchanging Valentines chocolate, and then I would walk up in another male disguise and casually mention what day it was.

“Calm down. He should be arriving, right…now!”

Just as I said, Daemon showed up. His coat slung casually over one shoulder in a way that made him look irresistible. Focus Ava! I stopped drooling over my boyfriend and signaled for Victoria to go. She sighed but got up and walked directly in front of Daemon, accidentally knocking into him for good measure. He looked up at the person he had just crashed into and Astrid was off.