4.Capital of A Country Gone Mad

I could hear my mom waking me up, but really, I just didn't want to open my eyes.  As I awakened groggy from the sleep, I expected the plane to still be in flight but it was surprisingly soundly, on the ground . Wow , that was some deep sleep.

We strolled out and into the airport, of which I didn't know the name of, strangely enough we had to wait no longer than a short hour for our flight. This was filled with documents, luggage checks and run ins with customs. Treating us like terrorists, the usual.

After we checked in I looked out of the deck view and peered toward our plane. Before taking full notice of it, I was hurried into a similar passageway that led out onto  direct transporter that took us into the plane.  From what I had observed, it was an Emirates plane. Biggest one on the flight strips. It had three levels and screamed luxury. As soon as we got to the first class level, I was succumbed to the awe of the deluxe booths and food outlets on the plane. There was a juice bar, sushi, a fully housed kitchen that made basically whatever you want. My mom had done me proud.

The plane was going to take a while to take off so I decided to open up my journal and began writing:
Dear Journal,
Well, here I am. Washington DC, the motherland of all things political and corrupt. I'm looking at the horizon just beyond the airport's vast perimeter. Ah, when I was little I would always want to come here to visit. The stories about Washington were always thrilling to me.
But that was when all was right in the world of American politics. Looking at it now, my vision is in a completely different light. As much as I love the US. I don't really think its the best country to be in at the moment. Esp. now that you know who is coming into office next year. USA is a country on the verge of political Apocolypse, with a crumbling economy and terrible social circles to match.
This is the capital of a country gone mad.

I read over the journal entry, it was quite accurate. Actually it looks as if it came out from a political report from The New York Times, it was almost poetic in a sense. Okay, I think Washington is already creating voices in my head, enough of this. I look around me, as the plane starts taking in the volumes of people shoving their way through the doors and for the luckier ones, up the stairs.

Quick tip for all, if travelling overseas, save up your money and fly first class 'cause economy just isn't worth it. I peer out of my booth toward my mom's. She had already reclined her seat into a bed and put on some relaxation creams that helped drift off to sleep merrily. She was like a baby.

Before I knew it, first class was half full and the pilot began the take off. It was as smooth as Mom's Nutella boyfriend. Poor Guy, she just used him up and dumped him..literally.
I laughed, I don't usually make jokes. But when I do, let's just say I low key slay. Not.
They're borderline laughable at best. Yeah I think that one I just thought of should be in my list of top 10 best jokes. Yeah...I don't have one of those lists...

I hit my head as I realise I'm becoming a monologue maniac. I really need to stop talking to myself. Okay, now I'm just gonna close my eyes and be a normal person who sleeps once they are on a flight. I close my eyes.

I knew this wasn't gonna work. I open my eyes once more and look at the time: 04:13AM. Wow, I've been asleep for about two hours. But I just closed my eyes. Guess I was just really tired. Weird, I'm like a vampire...usually. Then again, I don't usually talk to myself. Here I am again, in a monologue. Someone talk to me and save me from this madness. Just as I say this someone opens my booth.

It was a guy, he was tall, well dressed and Indian. "Uh...this isn't my booth," he said in a slightly confused voice, "Sorry." I was just about to let him leave when I saw a South African passport in his hand. This could me my ticket out of insanity. "No, it's fine. I'm Jacob. Jacob Hood and you are?"

He turned around.
"The name's Ashwin Sewpersad, I'm flying down to South Africa. I spent the holiday in the US."
I looked at him curiously, "I'm actually moving to S.A. and wanted to know some stuff. Do you mind a few questions by the Juice bar?" I asked, eyebrow raised.
He looked at me in a ponder of thought before replying, "Uh..Sure. I could do that."

We walked over to the fairly large juice bar. There were 8 glass bar stools arranged evenly apart that lined the perimeter of a grand, glass bar that was housed by many juices and the mixologist. We sat at the middle section of the bar and ordered two Tropical Sunrises.

We chatted and soon were quite acquainted with one another. Guess what? He lives nearby from where I'm living so I'm glad I'll have someone close by. I think this trip to Africa, permanent or not isn't gonna be as bad I thought it would be. I sigh.
"Getting bored of me, eh?" Ashwin asks.
I look at him, "Nah bro. Just realising some stuff. Africa isn't gonna be that bad."
He looks at me baffled. " Dude,  S.A. is far from Africa. In Africa Africa, the only American you will see is your reflection. But don't worry South Africa is world class."
Ha, funny.  I think i like this guy already. Don't you think?