Chapter 3: How To Pretend You're Normal

"Hey Rose can I use your phone?" I ask the next morning, as we all -yes, Denise included- have breakfast.

"Why?" She inquires as she stuffs a spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

"You are disgusting," Denise tells her with disgust. Rose flips her off.

"To call a prostitute," I answer, and they both turn to me with wide, indignant eyes. "No, Rose, to call my office and say I'll go back in a couple of days and then Charlotte," I soothe them.

"Charlotte who? Is that your nickname for prostitutes?" demands Denise.

"No, for prostitutes it's Cameron," I say seriously. They both look confused but drop -wisely- the subject. Rose hands me her phone, and I take it gratefully. I dial my assistant's phone.

"Draenor Gallagher's office, this is Lisa speaking," answered Melissa.

"Hey Lisa, it's Drae-"

"Oh my God, Draenor! Where are you? You weren't answering your phone and nobody has seen you in two days! Are you ok?" Rushes out Lisa.

"I'm fine, Lisa. I just forgot to call and say I'm taking an unexpected two-week vacation," I explain, and when I notice Rose and Denise watching me like hawks, I go out to the living room.

"YOU FORGOT?" and Lisa proceeds to bitch me out at it, and I grovel for forgiveness.

When Lisa has calmed down, I request her to call the bank for any unusual transfers and to close the account- no money comes out.

"Drae... Is everything ok?" asks Lisa hesitantly.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I'll see you in two weeks," I promise, and say goodbye.

Next I call Charlotte, who at this time of the day is most likely waking up her dumb husband.

"Hello?"

"Hey Charlotte. It's Drae,"

"DRAENOR NOEL GALLAGHER!! Where in this fucking hell are you?" Barks out my sister furiously.

"In Las Vegas."

...

"FUCKING LAS VEGAS? YOU IDIOT!"

My sister's way of showing concern is by yelling and cursing.

"Look, Charlotte, however much I'd like to keep listening to you yell at me, I have a problem. Is there anything mine in your house? You know: wallet, shoes, clothes?" I hear her take a deep breath.

"Drae, the only thing in here is your wallet and three empty bottles of alcohol. Which, by the way, were my cheap reserve," says my sister. I heave a relieved sigh; my wallet isn't lost.

"Charlotte, who did I leave with two days ago?"

"No-one. You were going to walk home, with your drunk ass self," she informs me. Okay, so Cameron could have caught me later.

"Ok, thanks Charlotte. I appreciate your help, now I have to go," I hang up as fast as humanly possible.

I twirl the phone in my hands, thoughtful, worried and joyous.

"Did you call the prostitute?" asks a soft voice, and I turn to find Denise with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, she said she's coming shortly," I tease, and then chuckle. "No, Denise, I called my sister, Charlotte," I explain.

"So how did you and Rosie meet?"

"She saved my stupid as fuck ass," I state proudly. She raises an eyebrow, silently asking to continue. "Maybe someday I'll let Rose tell you,"