Chapter 5

After talking about it, Tom and I decided to hold off on a wedding because of the pregnancy. He did however insist I move in with him. I told him I needed to talk to my mother and Mr. G before we went forward with anything. Out of respect for Mr. G, I Skyped him so I could look him in the eye to tell me how things had changed for me. Mr. G was an awesome person that I got along with really well. He was an older man that was bald through his own choice with cool looking light brown eyes and dimples in his cheeks.

“Lyta, let’s talk, sweetheart. Tell me what’s going on that we had to Skype about it.”

“Well, I wanted to talk to you about your offer about staying here in London.”

“So, you want to stay and work from there?”

“Yes, because I’m pregnant and engaged,” I said with a smile.

“Whoa, wait,” he said with a smile. “You’re engaged?”

“Yes.”

“When did this happen?”

“He asked me on my birthday.”

“I didn’t realize you were seeing anyone.”

“Privacy,” I said with a wink.

“I’m assuming he lives there full-time?”

“Yes, his permanent home is here in London. I was planning on staying here and moving in with him.”

“Aren’t you a dual citizen of the US and England?”

“Yes.”

“And you want to have your baby there?”

“Babies, but yes.”

“Twins? That’s amazing Lyta. Congratulations.”

“Thanks Mr. G.”

“Can you find us an office in London?”

“I have a friend who is looking for me. Do you want me to hire a full staff for the London office?”

“No, let’s start out small to begin with.”

“I’m going to want Beth over here with me.”

“That can be arranged. Other than that, I can send someone else from this office, but you’ll need to hire a front receptionist and at least one, maybe two publicists for the firm office there. I’m going to trust you to find me some great people.”

“I have one in mind that I can hire, but we are going to have to offer him some big bucks to join us.”

“Who is it?”

“An old friend that works for Public Eye,” I said with a giggle. “If I can convince him to move to Garis, he’ll bring an ass load of clients with him and one of them is my fiance.”

“Are you going to tell me who your fiance is?”

“Tom Hiddleston.”

“You got Tom Hiddleston to settle down?”

“What does that mean?”

“That means, there have been rumors that he didn’t want to settle down and get married.”

“Rumors are just rumors, Mr. G. Regardless, can I use whatever I’ve got to get Luke Windsor to join me? He can help me run this office.”

“Yes, if it’s Luke, do what you’ve got to do to get him to join you.  I’m officially appointing you President of the London/European Garis Communications Office, Lyta. I will get with the lawyers here and get the papers drawn up. I’ll give you a raise to help with the transition.”