Chapter Three

The police quickly arrived, when Edd and his gang called them and investigated Tom's room, examining everything that might be evidence. Edd, Matt and Tord are in the Kitchen, drinking tea and being interviewed by a detective called Paul, "Now then, last night, when was the last time you 3 saw Mr Ridgewell?" Paul asked, sitting opposite the boys.

"I saw him last leaving the living room." said Matt

"I saw him last before going to bed." said Edd

"And I saw him last when I left him alone in the Kitchen." said Tord

Paul wrote down their says down on a notepad, "Okay, and did you hear or see anything suspicious last night?" he asked, the boys thought long and hard, then Matt snapped his fingers and said "I heard a weird noise coming from outside, some kind of humming sound, then I saw a very bright light, that's all I remember." Paul continued writing down in the notepad, he stopped "Okay, that's everything, but before I go, is there anything else you boys want to tell me?" Edd wanted to tell the detective about his vision, but he was too scared to say, "Nope, there's nothing else." answered Tord "Well, then I'll be off." Paul got up from his chair, but says "Don't you worry sirs, we'll find your friend.......I promise." he turns around and walks out of the room.

It was night time when the police finished their investigation and left the house, leaving Matt, Tord and Edd, they sat in the living room, slowly Edd begins to cry "Who would do this?" he spoke out loud in a hoarse voice "Who would sneak into a house and kidnap a human being? Why?" Matt walked over to his friend and hugged him, "Don't worry Edd, they'll find Tom, the detective said so." he says in a calm voice. Tord watched his friends as they hug each other, he had to admit, he was upset too, even though he didn't like Tom as much.

Shortly their sad thoughts were interrupted when the sound of a doorbell rang through the house, the gang went to the front door and opened it, only to reveal Eduardo, Jon and Mark standing in front of them.

"What do you assholes want?" asked Tord

"We want to know why police officers were at your house today." Eduardo sniggered

"Go away Eduardo, this is not a good time!" said Matt, gritting his teeth

"Ah! What's wrong, someone stole your precious mirror?" said Jon sarcastically, which made Mark laugh

"NO, INSTEAD THEY STOLE MY BEST FRIEND!" screamed Edd, who began to cry again

Eduardo and his friends suddenly stopped laughing and looked at their neighbour's in surprise. "What do you mean?" asked Mark, quickly the Eddsworld gang explained to their rivals about the events that happened earlier that day, when they finished, both of the groups were standing in Tom's room, tidying up. "So, what happened is, Tom has possibly been kidnapped by thugs." said Eduardo, swooping up the last pieces of glass from the floor, "Yep, that's right." sighed Matt picking up the posters with Mark, "Do you think he's dead?" Jon asked, he was then punched in the face by Tord for saying such a thing, a deeply depressed Edd was sitting on the bed holding a picture of himself and his friends, smiling back at him, Edd still couldn't believe that this is happening to them.

He slowly put the photo down on the mattress, then he felt something really gooey, he turned his head to see what it was, his hand was in a small puddle of green gulp. He screamed as loud as a speaker and fell to the floor with a loud thump, everyone jumped and turned to see what happened, "Are you okay?" said Tord, helping him up, "Yeah, I'm fine, but you guys need to see this." All of the boys gathered round the green gulp. 

"What...is it?" asked Mark

None of the others answered him.

"The police said there was no evidence after they finished." said Tord

"Maybe, they thought it was that stuff that kids play with." suggested Jon

Edd grabbed a small plastic bag, and scooped up the green slime and 'pulped' it in, "What are you doing?" asked Matt, Edd turned to his friends and said "We've got to show this to the Detective, come on!" fast as lighting, Edd, Tord and Matt ran to their car (leaving Eduardo, Mark and Jon back at their own house) and drove away to the station. With the same question hanging over their heads, Who took Tom?