Chapter Four

The boys dashed down the hall like Usain Bolt when they arrived at the station, it seemed forever to them when they finally stopped at the reception desk. "Hello sirs, how can I help you?" asked the hot receptionist, who is called Red, "We need to see detective Paul ter Voode right now!" cried Edd, trying to catch his breath, Red looked at her computer to check if he was available, "I'm sorry, he's really busy right now, he's working on the disappearance of Mr Tom Ridgewell." Tord moved Edd out of the way "You see, that's the reason were here, were Tom's friends and we might have some evidence." he exclaimed, Red immediately got up from her seat and guided them to Paul's office.

As usual, Matt began to flirt with the receptionist, which really didn't end well....

"You wanna go out sometime?"

"No."

"Okay."

After a few knocks, Paul opened his office door to see who it was, "Red, can't you see I'm rea-" he stopped his sentence when he saw Red's companions. "Oh hello, boys. What's the matter?" he continued, Edd took out the bag of Evidence out of his pocket and showed it to him, his big, bushy eyebrows rised up in confusion, but snapped out of it and let them inside, leaving Red back to her duties.

Edd, Tord and Matt sat down in front of Detective Paul's desk and waited, Paul began to examine the bag of pulp as the boys stared at him, waiting for answers. Finally after five minutes, Paul set the bag down and looked at the tiny group, "Where did you find this?" he asked, his voice sounded firm but also with worry "Um...we found it on Tom's bed." answered Matt. Paul sat down on his chair and started to tap his fingers on his desk, making an eerie sound around the room "Okay, and you say that my men didn't find this?" he asked back, they nodded back.

The detective sighed and rubbed his forehead, this didn't make any sense to him; he and his squad are the best at solving mysteries and crimes, but he had no idea how a green slimy thing can possibly be connected to a missing person, he was stuck......and he needed help fast!

Suddenly, he and the boys heard footsteps coming down the hall, these footstep sounded heavy and ignorant, Paul knew who it was, and he wasn't excited, "Prepare yourself sirs." he announced to his 3 acquaintances, he took a big breath.

THUMP! The office door swung open and banged against the wall, the wind sent Edd, Matt and Tord flying off their seats, landing on their assess, "ATTENTION!" cried the man that was standing in the doorframe, who was Sgt. Hillarson