five

It was killing me. Niall had been on the phone for at least an hour. It rang just as he was about to tell me something important, and I was waiting in my room for him to get off the phone. 

I must have fallen asleep waiting for Niall, because I was woken up my repetitive knocking on my door. I groaned, fixed my hair, and lifted myself off the bed to go open it. 

"Hi!" A middle-aged man wearing a suit smiled at me widely. He had a bald spot in the middle of his head and a trimmed gray beard. No idea who the dude was. 

"Hi..." I muttered, pulling my kimono tighter around myself. "Where's Niall?" I asked. 

"Niall has sent me to tell you he had business to take care of this morning, and that he is expecting you to join him at a charity gala this afternoon. I have gathered a team to help you get ready. They are waiting for you in the living room." His voice was so robot-like, it made me cringe. I rubbed my temples, trying to process the avalanche of information he just hit me with. 

"Wait, what time is it?" 

"Eleven in the morning, ma'am." 

"When is that gala... thingy?" 

"The charity gala starts at two in the afternoon." 

Still clueless about the whole thing, I walked over to the living room and there was a lady with an entire wardrobe displayed, a man handling the makeup and another some hair tools. Holy shit. Niall was serious about his image. 

It was pretty fun being pampered like this. I had my makeup and hair done by two visibly gay men, and got to pick out a black dress and black heeled boots to wear. My favorite part was talking to them. They kept asking me questions about myself. We talked about our favorite movies, foods, and childhood shows. I wasn't used to talking to people like that. I had very little social interactions since I went into prostitution. 

"Ready for the big reveal, babe?" Marcus, the guy who did my makeup wiggled the mirror in front of me. I laughed, and snatched it out of his hands. 

"Oh my God." I immediately put my hand over my mouth, tears brimming my eyes. 

"Honey, don't ruin your lip- Sweetheart, are you crying?!" He exclaimed, brushing my hair back. 

"Sorry, it's nothing. Just look really different." I smiled. The others were already packing away their stuff. Marcus held onto my chair, leaning over to talk to me face-to-face. 

"You're an absolute beauty, Jade. Niall's going to go crazy." 

I don't know what it was, but I was really excited for Niall to see me

I don't know what it was, but I was really excited for Niall to see me. I kept having those weird feelings around him. I usually couldn't care less what I looked like, but I always felt intimidated next to Niall. I wanted him to like me for more than just my body. Yet, that's all he wanted from me. 

With dashing confidence, I stepped out of the car and was guided towards a mob of people. A lot of them were reporters, and next them were a multitude of photographers. I tried to catch a glimpse of the people posing in front of huge posters, but was ushered past them. I think the man was instructed not to speak to  me because he didn't say a single word. He finally stopped once we reached a small group of good-looking young guys. There were four in total. 

"Excuse me, boys. Is Niall around? His date is here." 

They all turned around, and stared at me wide-eyed. 

"Jade." I put my hand out to the one closest to me. He had jet-black hair styled in a perfect quiff and a scruffy beard. He was very attractive. 

"I'm Zayn. Nice to meet you, Jade." I caught them exchanging a quick glance, which made me feel slightly insecure. I shook two more hands: Louis and Harry. Then, I was face-to-face with the only one I recognized. 

"Liam?" I smiled, feeling the blush spread over my cheeks. I could tell he was experiencing the same thing. His hair was slicked back, and he had a clean shave. His navy suit fit him nicely. I mean, they all looked nice. I just couldn't wait to see Niall...

"It's a pleasure, Jade." 

I asked them where Niall was, and none of them seemed to know. I was starting to get really nervous. 

"I thought she was just a hookup." I heard Zayn whisper to Harry, who just shrugged his shoulders. The continuous shouting from the paparazzi and flashes going off in the corner of my eye added to my angst. 

"Boys, come on." The man who brought me pointed to the red carpet after a group of girls walked away from it. I heart-wrenchingly watched them head for it and pose together, without Niall. I just stood there, watching. After a few shots, Liam jogged over to me and grabbed my hand. 

"Come on, you didn't come here to be nobody's date." He squeezed my hand. I couldn't respond without stuttering. Yes, Niall was missing, but I doubt I could go ahead and get photographed with his bandmate. "Come on Jade, show the world how beautiful you are." He smiled. 

As soon as I took my first step on the carpet, and I felt all the cameras be adjusted and centered in apprehension for the photo, my hand was ripped out of Liam's. 

"Thank you, Liam. I'll take care of her from here." Niall squeezed his shoulder, but he looked disgruntled as he led me away from him. 

The paparazzi shouted his name, and told us to do different poses. Niall didn't seem to care. He stood beside me for a few shots, smiled in some, and then we moved along. I mean, at least he showed up...

He didn't really introduce me to anyone. He went off again talking to different people, ignoring all reporters. I sat on an empty chair outside. Why did he even want me here for? 

"Hey." 

I looked up, and Liam was standing next to me, hands in pockets. 

"Hey," I replied. "Thanks for the red carpet thing." I mumbled. He kneeled down next to me. 

"What's the deal between you and Niall? Cause he made it seem like there was nothing serious between you two, yet he's never invited anyone to attend a premiere with him." 

"Well..." I sighed. "He's not with me now is he?" I looked straight ahead and saw Niall laughing with a really attractive girl wearing a very revealing dress that barely covered her nipples. Liam was probably seeing what I was seeing. 

"Do you like him?" He asked, looking at me. Niall kissed the girl on her cheek. 

"No. Like he said it's nothing serious." 

_______________________________

Niall's not being very smart! But then again, they're not a couple are they? What do you think? Should he give her more attention or strictly follow the contract? 

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment and vote! <3

PS: I made a manip of them at the red carpet, lol. It sucks, but just to give you a visual! <3

 It sucks, but just to give you a visual! <3