Chapter 22

My eyes felt weird like I viewed everything different. I grab the arms of the two men and crushed it, "W-what the hell?!" They both panicked, trying to escape my grip.

I gave a smile and pushed them, "You should never treat girls this way... or i'll kill you two." I threatened even though I really was not going to.

"Shut the hell up!" One of the men approached me but I easily dodge his attack and slapped his neck causing him to faint.

I was going to do the same to the other one and erase their memory but Edward's voice resounded through my head, "Lily." he said. When I came to, the other men was gone so I sighed and improvised the fainted person's memory.

Once lunch ended, everyone gave me pitiful stares which I didn't care. Only the old me would have been bothered but I am myself again. How could I have forgotten myself.

Then after school came so I hurried home, ignoring everyone. I used my vampire speed and arrived home in a minute. Walking inside, my step mother was cutting onions.

"Hey mom, I have a question." I asked her seriously, not bothering to have a sweet talk, "Yes honey?" She washed her hand, wiped it then sat across from me.
"Do you know my real mother?"
She stayed silent for a couple seconds, her smile faded away, "Yes."
"Really? Can I meet her?"

"We were great friends. But some people have a change of heart you know?"

"I see. It's okay mom, I know how you feel but you should never abandon a close friends of yours."

"You're right. But things are not the same anymore. You know Lily, I love you. So no matter what may happen, remember that. You are probably the only person who I will never stop loving."

"What about dad?"

"He does not know anything. And he is too focused on working," She gives me a small smile before turning her back on me, "loving humans can be so difficult." she whispers though I heard her.

The next day came and walking through the hallway made me feel like a celebrity. People gave me admiring stares while I search for Edward, but I had to deal with Veronica and Nali alone this time.
"Ever since you started dressing up nice we can't get Max and Edward along with the other jocks to focus on us. So how about you join our group?" Nali said nervously, her voice cracking up in the end.

"Group? Do I look like I am interested? No. leave me be, I do not plan on being friends with the likes of you." I told them before walking away.

"I really hate you..." I heard Veronica say as she grabbed my hair and attempted to pull me but she was weak compared to my vampire strength.
"Fall down dammit!" She yelled which I felt pity towards her so once she put enough force to my hair I pretended to fall and beaten up. She and Nali kicked my face as it started bleeding but despite the blood nothing felt painful.

"Enough." Edward appeared as he pulled me up and my face landed in his chest.

"S-she punched us first!" Veronica and Nali said in sync before running away.

"Are you alright?" Asked Edward as I nodded my head, "This is nothing, don't worry." I wipe my bloody face.

"Blood..." he said, gawking at the red liquid flowing down my face. Looking at Edward, he was trying his best to not drink my blood so I couldn't resist on teasing him, "Hey Edward come with me for a second." I grab his hand and tangled it with mine which he didn't bother on pulling away.