Chapter 6

Waking up the next morning, I knew I had to clean. So I got up from my bed and did whatever the maid told me to do. It didn't take more than five hours so when sunset came, I sat down inside the room provided for me.

"Excuse me." Someone knocked on the door and a maid appeared handing me an envelope, "From Master." She says before leaving my sight.

I open the fancy black letter and read it. I was invited to a masquerade ball for both vampires and humans who sided with them, "Wow." was all I could say. I didn't even know what to wear. In fact, I don't even have a dress in the first place except this ugly ragged dress.

"He expects me to go to the ball when I literally have nothing." I whined, not expecting anyone to hear but the opposite happened, "Don't worry, I already have a dress prepared for you." Carden, who I didn't realize was in front of me, spoke.

He grabbed my arm and told me to take a shower as I obeyed and he had the maids apply the make up for me. I wasn't feeling too comfortable when they were adding the red lipstick but somehow I felt fancy.

After doing my make up and putting my hair in a fancy low bun, leaving some bangs on the side to add fashion, Carden threw a black lace dress at me with a golden, black mask and told me to wear it.

The dress was beyond beautiful, it was as if the dress was meant for me. The halter neck was embroidered with pitch flower prints on the side, revealing my chest a little though it was still covered and hard to see. The skirt flowed down naturally until the edge of the dress rested on the ground, "Beautiful!" Carden commented.

My eyes focused at the ground, embarrassed about the way I look. I have never put on make up my entire human life nor have I worn a dress except the rag dress given to me, "Milady." He said, holding out his hands for me as I gawk at it for a couple seconds and ruining the moment later by rejecting his hand.

Going outside towards the car, there was a limo waiting for the two of us, "Let's hurry Carden." I whispered to him in secret because I dislike people waiting for me.

We hopped inside with the other godly-features vampires as they gave me a long stare without questioning the situation. It made me wonder why. Why are they not asking about me? Did Carden tell them something?

Once we arrive, we all hopped out of the car. At first, I panicked because I was near the door, so I thought...Was I suppose to get out first and open the door for them or something? But my question was answered when a man with a suit opened the door for us and I went out first.

"Remember guys. Be elegant." The woman said in seriousness before heading inside the mansion filled with vampires. Once we entered, many people eyed us, greeted us and whatever they did as I was a wallflower.

'Why is everyone so pretty' I thought. It's like Hollywood celebrities surrounded me and I didn't know how to react but that woman's face appeared in my mind so I knew I had to be formal too, "Alright, I guess I have to be fancy." I told myself, secretly excited because I actually enjoyed speaking formally but it gets tiring so I prefer informally.

"Hello lady." A man with black mask appeared and greeted me, "Sir." I bow a little with a smile, "May I ask for your name?" He continued the conversation, "Lily." I respond, a little nervous because I wasn't sure if I should just let out my identity like that but whatever, "Mr. Carden." The man's expression changed when Carden appeared next to me as he wrapped his arm around my waist, "This is my precious cousin." He lied, "It was nice meeting you Lily. Take care." The man went away, "It was my pleasure." I smiled one last time before glaring at Carden.

I push his hand away from my waist but he grabs my hand instead. Just as I was about to let go the lights went off. I was surprised there was no screams heard but rather chattering and red eyes glowing in the dark. Well they are vampires after all, "This is called Match in the Dark." I heard Carden's voice as his eyes were also bright red.

He holds my hand tightly and began walking, "Lower your head. Your eyes will reveal your identity." He told me as I obeyed.

"Golden eyes." I heard someone whisper and I tried to look around but I forgot it was dark, "Carden-" I started but he cut me off, "I know. He knows your identity." He said as he held my hand tighter, "Who's he?" I ask, "Second prince." Was all he said before leaving the building with his inhumane speed, "Listen Lily, if you keep going straight that way," he pointed his index finger towards north, "you should encounter Edward."

I wanted to start running away but I wondered why he was letting me go, "Why are you doing this?" I ask before running away.

~~~

Yup it was short so prepare yourself for the next chapter!!

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

What's your favorite pick up line?

[Sorry I didn't get you a box of chocolates for Valentines Day but if you want something sweet then Im right here.] <--- my fave!!