Chapter Five

I shot up from the rigid floor looking around my grubby room. Allan and Edgar Frog were fast asleep, Allan propped on the gray wall and Edgar asleep at the window holding a water gun full of holy water. Allan had a stake sitting in his lap, his hand was laid upon it, in case he needed at a moment's notice. But needing any of the weapons was unnecessary last night. 

I didn't want to wake them up just yet in case they weren't morning people, so I began cleaning up our mess from last night. Ravenous from not eating all day, and housing two teenage boys, we ordered a pizza and devoured it in my room, waiting for a sign from vampires we swore that existed. We tried our hardest to stay up, drinking cup after cup of coffee, but Edgar was the first to be overcome by sleep, then Allan, but I wanted proof, proof that I wasn't losing it. 

I stood up and stared out of the window, I could hear the seagulls and could feel the ocean breeze on my face. This street was quiet, and driveway provided some distance from the road, making it feel like home with the miles of space between houses.

"Shit, it cold."

I looked down to the ground to see Edgar squinting at me, shielding his eyes from the sun that shone into the room.

"Why's the window open?" Edgar grumbled.

That was a great question, that I couldn't answer. "You didn't open?" I asked him.

Edgar looked at me confused and perked up a bit. "No, I was sleeping the entire night."

"I was the last to fall asleep," I muttered, "The window was shut when I passed out."

++++

"So if it was none of us, then do you think it could have been a bloodsucker?" Allan asked pouring more cereal into his bowl.

Edgar ripped the box from his brother's hands and began to eat more cereal. "Had to be. A window just doesn't open itself."

"What about the wind?" I asked clutching a cup of coffee in my hands.

"It wasn't windy," Edgar said between bites of Fruit Loops. "Did you invite any of them inside Raylen?"

I shook head, "No. Dwayne only dropped me off. He never came in."

"What 'bout your sister?" Allan asked.

"She's not even home yet," I sighed setting the scolding cup onto the table. 

"You never told us where they took you last night," Edgar said setting his spoon down in the now empty bowl with a loud clunk.

"I can't tell you where exactly it is," I told them truthfully, "It was dark, I don't know what direction we were going in. But it was on the cliffs, with no trespassing signs. David told me it used to be a hotel that fell into the ground back in the day."

"Never been there, but we know what you're talking about," Allan said.

"Is that one of the bloodsuckers names?" Edgar asked.

I nodded, "There's David, Paul, Marko, and Dwayne."

Edgar growled, "What do we do now?"

I sighed, "We don't know for sure if they are vampires."

"But all the evidence is pointing toward them," Allan said with raised eyebrows, "I say we just kill 'em."

"Hold on," my voice rose to almost a yell, "We can't just go around killing people because we think they are vampires."

"She's right," Edgar said, "We need more proof."

"Exactly," I sighed, sliding back into my chair, "Someone needs to get more proof, but who?"