Day 1: A place left empty

*Disclaimer: I do not own the concepts and elements in this piece except for the storyline. The races, places, items and world as whole belongs to Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIV. Unless familiar with the setting, this may prove to be a difficult read.*

As soon as reaching the Lavender Beds, she knew that what she was looking for was no longer there, greeted warmly by a miqo'te gentleman which's smile seemed rather amiss as soon as he laid eyes on her face.

'Hello, may I help you?' Silver eyes shone with vitality and benevolence under white and black soft hair, ears perked up curiously and a hand extended towards her. Not entirely sure of herself, she still took on that offer grabbing the extended hand.

'Hello, yes I may need some help finding somebody.' She searched her pockets for a piece of paper and handed it to the miqo'te.

'Hm...this is certainly our free company's house.' he nodded making his earrings clink with a crystalline sound. 'May I know the name of the person that sent you here?' He cast a curious glance to the lady miqo'te which struck a painful resemblance to someone the male recalled as a dear friend. He cast the thought aside, not willing to give in to foolish thoughts. Many Seekers of the Moon were born navy blue haired; it couldn't have been the only one. Though his chest still felt a little tight looking at the girl. She did have a soft looking navy blue hair stricken delicately with lighter hues; and those eyes, those midnight blue eyes so full of life and somewhat innocent yet that seemed to have seen many adventures...struck him as awfully familiar.

'I am looking...for a certain miqo'te... I'm sure he doesn't go by his original name though... since he left our tribe to become an adventurer...'

'I'm all ears.'

'You see, he has hair like me though short and a fluffy sort of spiky...'

'Like me?' He laughed softly.

'...mm...spikier?' She tilted her head to the side, seemingly lost in thought.

'Haha, I may have an idea about this 'venturer you're looking for... his name around here's Imber Nox. As I might know his name, I didn't hear yours yet...?'

'I'm...' She faltered. 'Tell me yours first.' She blushed and looked away.

'Oh, even though you came here to ask me questions~?' He teased. 'I'm Adtonitus Aelurus. People around here call me Adto. Your turn~!'

'Call me Zephyr. Zephyr Nox.' Adto's eyes lowered to a squint of sorts.

'Hm...I had a hunch you might've been related to that lad. Are you his sis perhaps?'

'Perhaps.' It was the first time she'd smiled since she came by to talk and Adto couldn't help but to think they really were siblings, if not even twins. He cursed the fact he didn't ever thought of asking Imber if he had siblings or such, just for the sake of curiosity.

'Well, miss Nox, I'm happy that you've perhaps found the person you were looking for but I'm sorry to say he hasn't been by lately. But, he promised he'd be back though that may be days or weeks, perhaps even months... Please don't look like your skies clouded all of a sudden - He'll be back! He promised me~! -, you'd just have to stick around 'till then~!'

'Is it really okay for me to stay?' She lurched slightly forward, pressing the question towards the male miqo'te.

'I'll have to ask Evil but I think he'll be fi~ne with it.' He winked mischievously and motioned to himself. 'Just leave it to me~!'