Day 6: Anticlimatic Nidhogg Soup

'Hey, what's with that look?' Adto mused crouching by Imber. 

'This stuff was disturbing...' 

'What stuff?' he tipped his head to the side ready to listen. 

'Well it's just a stupid dream. A stupidly vivid one.' Imber shook his head as if that alone could make the thought go away and die in some unknown hole; he wouldn't have cared where as long it was gone. Adtonitus poked him and was set to tickle him if he wouldn't speak up, taking advantage of the fact he was garbed in Summoner attire. 

It was a too pretty day in Idyllshire for it. 

'Say it.'

Imber grunted and sighed.

'There was this place, it looked like the Steps of Faith... Grah, all of Alphinaud's worry must've gotten to my brain...' Imber earned a nudge to continue nevertheless. 

'Okay, the Steps of Faith, what about them?' 

'Nidhogg and Hrasvelgr were fighting and Hraesvelgr was wounded...ah wounded is little said but he was alive of sorts but that's not it, we had to fight Nidhogg with less people than I can count on my fingers and they panicked and it went all wrong and everyone died but then it was at beginning again, we still had a rough time for a while but somehow we did win and all but...' There was an awkward pause but then Imber continued without any exterior help.

'We pulled through okay, that's not the issue! The issue is the stuff I dreamed after. Alphinaud was asking me a recipe to make Nidhogg soup. Just...why.' 

Adtonitus stared blankly at the dark blue haired miqo'te then burst into laughter so badly he startled a chocobo or two that gave him odd looks if that was even possible to begin with.

'W-what so funny?!' Imber seemed at loss and part embarrassed. 

'You insisted!' He looked aggravated and prone to hide himself behind his grimoire. When the white-and-black miqo'te finally somehow calmed his mirth he spoke up.

'I think all of you stood too much around Ser Aymeric, for once. And secondly...no wait, it's still tied to that, at least Alphinaud didn't ask you make omlette with Lucia.'  

'Wait what.' 

'Well I might've overheard some topics in the Congregation from Lucia and Handeloup whilst you were in the infirmary with Alphinaud and Aymeric.' It was Imber's turn to laugh. 

'Any of that including such a heretic soup?' 

'Mayhap. I heard the Azure Dragoon refused to eat anything for a while or so the chirurgeons said though Aymeric coerced him to eat in the end. I'd rather let the rest for your imagination though I think you might've heard of it given your...ah...peculiar dream.' He tried stifle another laughing fit. 

'Though you definitely fucked up so hard at some point in the fight, so much that I felt killing you with my own hands.'  Adtonitus gave a frightening smile of which only the most pissed off healers are capable and Imber shrunk away thinking of a possible hole to hide in from the wrath of someone probably more frightening than the thousand years rage of the dreadwyrm...