Laying Foundation

Olivia's pov- (apartment)

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. I immediately snapped out of my sleepy daze. "Where am I" I looked around, still not recognizing anything with the sleep still in my eyes. I started to take heavier breaths. I noticed that I was in my own bed. Elliot! I remembered. "Good morning, sunshine!" Elliot walked in with a wide grin and a tray of breakfast in his arms. I half-heartedly smiled; feeling embarrassed for not remembering what happened last night. I shyly accepted his warm breakfast in bed and thanked him. "What's wrong,-not a breakfast person?" He joked. His smile faded when he saw that I looked uncomfortable. "What's wrong?" He questioned again. "Elliot?, what happ---"Nothing, you don't have to worry. Nothing happened last night, Olivia" he rubbed the side of my arm lightly which caught me off guard on him knowing what I was going to ask. I began to feel relieved but also disappointed. "Oh, okay" I said between large mouthfuls of toast."Wow, take it easy there, Benson" he watched as I devoured his breakfast. I smiled slyly just because I was enjoying breakfast for once. "Sorry, no one has ever made be breakfast in bed before" I felt my face flush red because I literally ate the breakfast in like two minutes. I layed back onto the bed and threw my rolled up, dirty napkin onto the plate. "Ahhhhh, that was good" I stretched. Elliot grabbed the tray that was sitting on my lap "Glad you liked it!". "Elliot, you don't have to do this for me" I said sympathetically. He stared at me like I said something really weird and furrowed his brows. "Ughhhh!" I changed subject "We have to get ready for work" I sighed. He left the room, and returned a few minutes later. I had already gotten up and turned on the shower. "Well, I'm gonna take a shower if you want to change in the room" I smiled while disappearing into the bathroom.

Elliot's Pov- (15 minutes later)

I heard the shower shut off so, I took the chance to brush my teeth. I knocked on the door quietly "Livia?, can I come in?". "Yeah" she yelled louder than expected because she hadn't gotten use to the quiet yet. I walked in and she was wrapped in in a towel. Her thick, brown hair had water dripping down to her shoulders and she looked so beautiful. My eyes wandered down to her long, toned legs and her beautiful complection. "Stop checking out my ass Stabler!" She joked catching me in the act. She walked over and grabbed her toothbrush and pulled her towel up higher, not exposing anymore of her chest "I wonder If Cragen's still pissed". "Nah, I doubt it, on tough cases like these, I don't think he's gonna question when everyone's under stress" I said.

Precinct-

"Stabler!" I answered the phone all giddy.
"Where have you been? Its been 2 whole weeks since you've been home!"
"Ummm, Kathy, we got a divorce a month ago, remember!? "
She sighed through the phone "I know, I just miss you, and the kids want to see you."
"Well, it's your fault for taking full custody!" I yelled alarming everbody in the squad room.
"Elliot, we need to talk. I have something to tell you."
"Ugh...what is it now, Kathy?" I about hung up on her, but stopped myself. I rested my free hand on my forehead and rubbed circles to calm down.

"Elliot, I'm pregnant".

My eyes widened and I swept my hand across my mouth out of surprise. "What?" I turned facing away from Olivia sitting directly across from me at her desk. She looked at me in utter confusion. I muted the phone with my hand as I continued to speak with Kathy which made it now look like I had something to hide from her. "When did this happen?" I asked.

"When you knocked me up a month ago before the divorce, you son of a bitch" She tried to sound sarcastic but she knew it didn't fit well with Elliot at the moment.
"You mean, it's mine?"
"Yes, he or she is yours, Elliot!" She emphasized on the gender of the baby.
"Look, I will talk to you later. I'm at work right now" I whispered and hung up.

"What did Kathy have to say?"Olivia questioned me. "Nothing!" I turned away. What am I gonna do with Kathy being pregnant? Should I tell Liv?
"Elliot!?" I could tell she was getting mad. "It's nothing, I am just upset at Kathy right now".
"Well, do you want to go get lunch and talk about it?" She asked. "Sure".
Olivia pulled her jacket on and kept her eye on me as if she knew something was up. "Come on, lets go:" she ushered me towards the elevator.

Elliot's pov- (coffee shop)

"Elliot, I love you and I want to make sure everything is okay" she patted my back. I just sipped my coffee without replying to her. "Elliot, what's wrong?" She questioned me again. "WHY DON'T YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?" I yelled in her face. She fliched and I immediately felt sorry. But, before I could apologize, she got up from where she sat and left to the bathroom, leaving a wake of barely noticeable sobs. I felt terrible. She was just trying to help me, and I yelled at her. "Livia?" I knocked on the women's restroom door. "Liv, open up. I'm sorry"
"Leave me alone Elliot" she cried.
I didnt want to upset her anymore so I left. What was wrong with me? Why did I do that? I decided to call a cab and go straight home. I realized, I haven't been home since the divorce, so I figured I could just talk to Kathy and she how she was doing, being pregnant and all. Once I got to the house, I felt nervous, and swayed on my feet, debating whether or not to ring the door bell. Before I made my decision, Kathy opened the door.

-will be continued soon
MusicFangirl14!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u sooo much!