Chapter 5

Before I can even think Cayden reminds me that we all have first together.

"oh ya duh!" I reply.

When we start to walk down the hall, Cayden grabs my hand and it startled me a little that I jump. As soon as he notices he drops my hand and mumbles a quiet "Sorry."

"No it's fine I just wasn't expecting it." I say while taking his hand in mine. His hands are so large that they completely wrap themselves over my hand. They are so warm that they warm my cold little hands.

We walk into class with about two minutes to spare. As soon as we walk into the dark classroom everyone's eyes go straight to me and Cayden. Cayden notices me shift uncomfortably and pulls me by our interlocked fingers to our seats. The teacher begins the class and I couldn't be more relieved.

What feels like the longest class ever finally comes to an end. When we get out to the hall I turn to talk to Cayden. "Now I will see you after second block at lunch." I giggle.

He returns the laugh and turns to go to second block. I turn in the opposite direction to go to the science wing of the school.

Science class is the best class all day. We get to dissect baby sharks! It's so gross but so awesome at the same time. Next thing I know Lane is shoving shark guts in my face. Of course I don't expect it so I scream! He starts laughing and chasing me around the classroom. I end up getting cornered in the corner. I try to make a run for it when I end up tripping and sending us both to the ground. We are both laughing. We both get quiet at the same time and just look at each other. His eyes are a blue-green. His cheek bones are high. He is grinning from ear to ear. For a moment it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Mr. Hale, our science teacher, clears his throat. I hurry and stand up. I dust my clothes off, smile at Lane, mumble a sorry to Mr. Hale, and pick up my things just in time for the bell to ring for lunch. It's time to go see Cayden!