Prologue

• Dedicated to My grandma,Magic

        P R O L O G U E.

        Alice was the perfect child. She had loving parents,lived in a nice house, and had three best friends: Mary, Jane, and Claire. Her parents named her after Alice from the wonderful world of Wonderland. They hoped she would find adventure like Alice.  Growing up she had a wild imagination. She loved to read, and trips to imaginary worlds like Neverland,were always frequent. Alice spent her days soaring with Wendy, and having tea with the Mad Hatter. Among her friends she was known for telling long, captivating stories. Alice was good in school. Teachers loved her, children looked up to her, and everybody wanted to be her friend.

        Then all of the sudden something changed. After many trips to the doctor's large, clean, white office, still no one knows what caused it. Alice started to become distant, only talking once a day. Her once blue eyes became cloudy,and even her parents couldn't see through them. She poured herself into the wonderful worlds of her childhood. She started to call her mother Wendy, and father Peter Pan on a daily basis. Alice became so immersed in the false reality of these worlds that they became reality for her. The tall, glaring doctor from the large,clean,white office called it Schizophrenia. Her mother and father were devastated.

        Mary, Jane, and Claire would visit Alice everyday. They believed somehow their friendship would prevail. Alas even the best of friends cannot prevent tragedy from worsening. Soon after the false reality set in, another problem emerged. When Alice was sane,even for a little while,she would fall into a split personality. One good, one bad. For her own safety she was shipped away to a mental institution one month later.

This is her story. Would you like to hear it?