Chapter Two.

C H A P T E R 2. (Nurse May's POV)

        I walked into the asylum, slightly scared. I always am coming in here. After all it is filled with crazy people, that's what an asylum is for. The only reason I work here is so my daughter doesn't end up in one of these. She was born prematurely with a mental defect. The doctors say unless I can afford a special school, she'll end up here. Her name is Wendy, just like from Neverland. I hope her life ends up just as well as Wendy's did. And hopefully,even better.

        At the asylum, I take care of a young girl named Alice. She has Schizophrenia, and a split personality when she is sane. Sadly, I haven't seen her sane in days. She calls me the Messenger, I think it's because I bring her news,food, and visitors. Alice gets new visitors everyday, she had a lot of people that loved her before she changed. I overheard a nurse talking,she said Alice used to be perfectly normal. Something just changed. Just the thought of something like that happening to Wendy scares me. I do hope Alice gets better,though.

         "May,bring this up to Alice!" the head nurse screamed. She never stops screaming. "Yes'm" I said, and I quickly picked up the plate full of soggy cereal. I took the long walk up the winding stairs to Alice's room."Here's your food,Alice," I said as I dropped the food by her feet. I then walked out of the room being careful to close the door silently. A patient was sleeping next door. Something I noticed about the food was that the patients here couldn't use utensils. Yet they still give Alice cereal. She has to slurp it down,or eat it like a dog. I think the head nurse believes they will hurt themselves with the utensils. I believe the animal like behavior makes the patients worse. Once a friend of Alice brought a spoon for her. The head nurse made me take it away. I will never forget the look of longing on Alice's face as I took the fork away. It seemed to be the little bit of reality she could hold onto.

  A/N: What do you think so far?

What do you think of May and Wendy?

Please comment, heart, and follow.

Until next time

- Samantha