Chapter One.

C H A P T E R 1. (Alice's POV)

I heard the loud footsteps of the Messenger. That meant I had a visitor. And visitors meant I could leave this cell for a little bit to go to the main grounds of the castle. I could go out to the courtyard. Out in the courtyard the sun shined,the trees were green,and flowered. It was magical. Nothing like this room. It's white walls and padding caved me in. Apparently it was for my protection. That's what June said. S'he's the only one who visits everyday. She cares. June says that she is trying to help,that everyone in the kingdom is. I guess she must be right. June always is.

        The Messenger opened the door, I could see her white sneakers from inside the room. "Here's your food Alice,". She dropped at my feet. As she turned to leave,her brown hair blew into my face. She didn't even realize it. June was wrong,the nurse didn't care about me. I looked down at the grey plate and saw a bowl filled with cereal. I searched to see if today was the day I was given a spoon. Alas it wasn't,apparently it was dangerous to give me a spoon. June said it was ridiculous and tried to sneak me one. It didn't work,the Messenger caught her.

        I slurred the cereal down into my mouth,making sure not to spill anything. The Messenger screams about that. The Messenger screams a lot. It scares me. You can see the veins on her neck bulge out. Personally it looks like she's in pain I wish I could help her. No one lets me help. The whole kingdom thinks I get in the way of things. That's why I think they put me here. So I won't disturb them. June thinks I'm important, she's my friend. Or at least the closet thing I have to a friend. I've never had a friend before. The Messenger defiantly isn't my friend.

A/N: What do you think so far?

What do you think of the Messenger?

Please comment, heart, and follow.

Until next time

- Samantha