The return plan

I watched Jc at Connors bed on his knees in tears. He looked more depressed then ever.

I started to walk over to him but he got up and pushed past me in a huff.

"What the hell?" I said holding my shoulder he just shoved.

He turned and looked back at me. But not at me. Past me. At Connor. I turned to follow his stare. Connor had started moving, trying to push himself up.

The whole group rushed to his side.

"Don't try and get up man." Jc said stepping even closer.

"What?" Connor said rubbing his head.

Everyone looked at each other in silence.

The doctor pushed past us and started working on him.

"What's going on" Connor asked

We were all shoved out of his room, we all just sat there in silence. The doctor walked out an hour later.

"I'm afraid Connor has lost his memory, now it's not the case of losing it forever, it can come back. You just need to remind him what he does, who his friends and family are and who he loves, those sort of things"

Tears were running down nearly all of our eyes.

None of us knew how to react. I looked around and noticed Jc walking out of the room, I clearly ran after him.

"Jc!" I yelled after him.

He turned around.

"Where are you going?" I continued.

He didn't say anything, he just looked down.

"Jc, that's your best friend in there." I said.

"EXACTLY!" He yelled back. " he is my best friend! Do you honestly think I can stand in there and watch him not remember me."

He looked up and I saw a tear forming in his eye

"I can't watch him like that." He repeated.

I looked down. I understand what he means but still. My head shot up I had the perfect idea.

" the doctor said he can get it back right, if we convince him."

Jc nodded.

"I have the perfect idea!" I added

I grabbed Jc's hand and ran to the car with him following behind.

I called chels.

"Chels!"

"Connor can't come back till tomorrow."

"That's perfect, well not perfect but, I have an idea! We have to convince Connor he is Connor. Get everyone back to the house as soon as possible." I commanded.

"Why what's the about?" She answered.

"Just do it!" I said and hung up.

We arrived home, got out and ran up to Connors room.

Jc knew what I was up to.

"So here is his hard drive, his laptop is over there." He pointed to Connors bed.

I felt around for the laptop and found it under a pillow. I called chels back.

"Hey are you guys on your way?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" She answered.

"We need you to make a stop on the way" I said.

"What?" Chels asked.

"We need you to get lots of Arizona tea"

"What? Wait. Are you.." Her sentence trailed off.

"Yes, yes we are!" I said.

Jc and I set up all of Connors videos, and videos and photos from fans. Put the Arizona tea in a jug and got a lot of personal photo of him and the boys and family around in a table. Setting up anything that could possibly help him get back his memory.

Jc and I stood back and looked at our masterpiece.

"What if it doesn't work?" I asked.

"It's amazing Amber. Absolutely amazing." I turned and saw Jc looking at me. His eyes stared deep into mine.

My stomach churned.

I turned and started to walk away, but Jc grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Amber thank you. For all of this. " he said still looking into my eyes.

"No worries" I said swallowing hard.