Day 6: Affection

Mika shook Yuu awake. He had been sleeping for since noon and it was nearly four o'clock already. 

"Come on, Yuu-chan," Mika sang song. "It's time to get up."

"No," Yuu groaned, rolling away from Mika. "I'm tired."

"You've been sleeping for hours, silly. And we had a date remember."

Yuu grinned into his pillow before sitting up and stretching. He yawned, looking over at Mika. The blonde haired vampire chuckled, looking at his messy bedhead. It was adorable, in his opinion.

"Let me get ready," Yuu told him, pecking his cheek.

"Will do," Mika said, going out to wait in their small living room for him.

While he waited, he looked around, sighed peacefully. Tonight was their last night here. By tomorrow, they'd be far away, fending for themselves somewhere else in Japan. Mika couldn't wait for that. Just him and his Yuu-chan.

They had not told anyone what they were planning, nor did they plan to let anyone know till they were already gone. After their date, they were making their final trip to the apartment to grab their bags and write letters to the friends they were leaving. Mika glanced over to the closet where they had hidden their luggage.

Yuu emerged from the bedroom they shared, looking awake and refreshed. His hair was as neat as it would be, and he was wearing a simple light blue shirt with a gray sweater pulled over it. Mika took a closer look, realizing that it was his hoodie. He also noticed that he was wearing the same wrinkled jeans from yesterday, but Mika didn't say anything; it's was fine with him anyway.

"Ready?" Yuu asked, excited to get out of the apartment.

"Let's go," Mika smiled, grabbing his dark sunglasses from the table. He needed to hide his red eyes from everyone else. Yuu opened the door, letting Mika out first and locked the door behind them. They held hands, walking out of the complex, noticing it was the first time they had ever showed their affection for one another in public.

Yuu and Mika had gotten together about four months after he start living among the humans. They chose to keep it to themselves, already knowing how everyone would react. Shinoa would tease them and say pervy thing, and Yuu didn't want Guren or anyone else teasing them either.

They exited the building and walked a few blocks to a small cafe they often went to on their days off. It was tiny, and almost never crowded. The cafe was also open till late at night, which made it a perfect place for them when they didn't want to be stuck in their small home.

Across the street from the apartment building was car that the young couple paid no attention to. If they had, they would've spotted two familiar people who had started noticing the two's suspicious behavior.

"They're on the move," Guren told Shinya. Instead of a response, he heard a chip bag crinkle. Guren turned to him, ripping the bag from his grasp.

"Hey," Shinya complained, reaching for the bag with a mouth full of food.

"Come on; we've gotta go before we lose them."

Shinya swallowed. "They just left and we have a lead as to where they're going. There's no need to rush."

"Shut the hell up, Shinya," Guren mumbled, getting out of the car. Shinya rolled his eyes doing the same.

Both men wore similar civilian clothes. Guren wore a run down pair of sneakers, a pair of thick jeans, a black knitted sweater, and a heavy winter coat. Beside him, Shinya wore black boots, jeans, a light gray sweater, and a coat with a furry hood. They walked down the same sidewalk as the other two boys, following a block behind. Shinya, upon closer speculation, saw something that warmed his heart.