Chapter Nine

Mazy's P.O.V

I walk up the stairs and study the pictures on the wall. It looks like many generations of werewolves. The last one has a man who looks a lot like Carson. He is smiling brightly in the picture so now I can see where Carson gets his shape.
I look at the picture closely and in the back I see a dark figure. That's weird.
Hmmm.

I don't bother to investigate now because I think I need to rest.

I go up to what Carson says is my room and plop down on the bed. My room is on the second floor with a balcony.

DING!

Roof time!

I happily race out to the balcony and grab the roof. I hoist myself up and now here I am. YASSSS.
I breathe in the warm summer air and remember what life was like for me less than a week ago. I walk up to the top of the roof and stand on my tippy-toes.

I can see many pack houses nearby. And wolves running everywhere. It's just beautiful.

A lone howl echoes through the woods tearing through the silence. As I hear the howl a wind blows around me and seems to circle me. A sudden wave of sadness washes over me. I look up. It's a half moon.

I think of when im going to run away. Maybe I can find my mate soon-

' Don't even think about saying that! You do feel the sadness don't you? That howl, I know that has to be him. Our mate Mazy. Don't you see?'

'Well yeah but how?'

Silence.

I look up at the moon, and sit down, I hug my knees to my chest. Everyone here is so nice, it's gonna be harder then I thought to leave. Mazy! No! You're leaving! You just wanted to travel the world! Don't let a pack get in your way!

Life. Is. Complicated.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

There you go! I'm really sorry that my chapters are kinda short. But I update almost every day! :D

~Margo