Jump

"Well, that is too bad for you." Eric says, "for people in section Dauntless, it's required to have physical condition and to be able to handle your fears. If you would have chosen different if you knew you were maybe going to die during college, you are in the wrong highschool." He says. Die? Of course, some things here are dangerous and you may hurt yourself. But dying? I look at Christina and she looks at me. We have cought our breaths meanwhile. Then a boy comes up. He seems eighteen or something like that. "Hi, my name is Four." He says. "Four, like the number four?" Christina says. "What, were one, two, three taken?" I mumble. People laugh. I think they heard me. Four comes up to Christina and me and then stands real close to us. Oof, he really has got a bad breath. "First lesson here in this school is to keep your mind shut." He says. Well.
We walk behind him through the door and walk immediately downstairs. It turns really dark but there is some light from torches. Then, I see sunlight. "This here," Four exclaims, "is the pit. This is the cafeteria, the library," he points to enormous walls of battered books, "but overall, the center of Dauntless-high. Okay, people who already went here come with me, the transfers go with Lauren." A group of already black-dressed people walk across the Pit as we, the transfers, walk through a dark corridor with stones you could trip over any second.