Chapter 2: First Day

Monday

----

I woke up startled by the loud beeping of my alarm. I yawned and glanced over at the clock, "six o'clock."

I groaned, remembering that today was the day I start a new school.

Yippee...

For the day's outfit, I picked out dark blue jeans with a graphic tee that read Korn in grey letters. Tying my laces on my converse, applying make-up, I ended up being satisfied with my look.

I headed downstairs, only to be greeted by Anne and Patrick in the kitchen.

"Morning, Hun," Anne chirped, "Excited for today?"

I crinkled my nose, "Ehh..."

Anne laughed, "Don't worry, I understand." I smiled at her. "Breakfast?"

"Nah, I'm good. My stomach kinda tightened up a bit, so I'd rather not eat."

"Oh okay, that's fine," she walked over to her wallet on the counter, pulling out some cash. "Here's some lunch money." She handed me a few bucks along with a hug, "Patrick will drive you to school. Good luck, Ella," she let go of the hug and smiled.

Patrick and I got in the car and started heading off towards my new school. There was a silence between us during the ride. Patrick was actually quite quiet for a man his age. It was funny, actually, that a woman like Anne, who could talk twenty-four-seven, was with I man like Patrick, who only talked in a life-or-death situation. My whole two days of living with them, I noticed how Anne would babble on to him, and he'd just nod along, paying full attention to what she was saying without making a sound.

We pulled up to the school parking lot, Patrick waiting for me to get out. As I did, he called out, "Good luck, El. Have a good day." I looked back and gave him a smile that showed how nervous I was, but was still grateful for his enthusiasm. When he drove off, I became really nervous, and not to say, horrified. I took a deep breath, deciding that it'd be better not to be late on my first day, and starting walking into the building. I could feel a lump in my throat, and the sound of my rapid heart beat pounding in my ears.

I finally found the office and walked towards the secretary sitting at her desk.

"Hi, I'm Ella Chester. I'm new." The secretary nodded and smiled. She pulled open one of the folders laid out on her desk, and she handed me a piece of paper.

"Welcome to Layton High."

After about a full ten minutes of searching for my locker, I finally found it; locker number seventeen. I placed my things in and took out what I needed for first period. I scanned my schedule and saw what I had for first period; History.

***

Lunch time rolled around sooner than I thought it would.

I payed for my lunch and looked over the cafeteria. Each table had it's own theme; jocks with cheerleaders, nerds and geeks, populars, as well as the outcasts. I was in search of an empty table, when suddenly someone snapped behind me, "Would you move." It was more of a demand than question.

"Oh, sorry," I mumbled. I moved out of his way and walked towards an empty table I noticed a few seconds ago.

As I picked up my apple, preparing to take a bite, someone pulled out the chair next to me.

"Hi, I'm Lucy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too short?

How's the story so far?

Ooo, can you guess who the boy is that Ella saw across her window and the boy that told her to move? Yep, you guessed correctly! ;)

Please vote, comment, and follow!

~Ingrid