Chapter 3: New

"Hi, I'm Lucy."

A girl with black hair, red highlights, and a studded lip piercing said as she approached me. She pulled out the chair across from me, and decided to sit down.

The apple that I was previously about to take a bite of, ended back on my tray. "Uh, hi," I managed to mumble out.

"Aw, why so shy? Afraid of strangers? I know the feeling. It's almost impossible to trust people now days..." She rolled her eyes at her statement.

I was silent.

What should I say? Should I say something?

"That would be a good idea, actually. You're kinda leaving me hangin'." She looked straight at me, as if she was reading me like a book.

"How did you-" She cut me off.

"I can read people's minds."

Whoa, wait a minute. Read minds?

"Nah, I'm just messin' with you. You were actually speaking out loud," She spoke with her hands. "I love your shirt by the way."

"Oh uh, thank you." It seemed weird that someone was actually talking to me.

"So what's your name?" Lucy raised an eyebrow.

"Ella," I said simply.

Lucy seemed displeased by my answer. "Your full name, sweetie."

"Oh, Ella Belle Chester." I've never gotten used to my middle name. I hated saying it, I hated thinking about it, it flashed too many memories through my mind. That name is...was my mother's.

"Lovely name," The sound did not come from Lucy, but from a boy walking towards us. He was so handsome. Blond hair that flopped over one eye, green eyes that were sparkling, and a well structured face.

"Damn it, Cal! I thought I told you to stop interrupting conversions before your body is even present. It's weird and you could frighten young, innocent people like Ella." Cal rolled his eyes at Lucy and sat beside her.

"Hey, I'm Cal," he spoke with a crooked smile.

Lucy puffed and interjected, "Cal is an arrogant, talented, misfortunate, unpleasant, smelly, gay, but beautiful teenage boy who roams these halls as if he owns the damn place, yet we love him anyway."

Cal nodded and threw me another crooked smile. I giggled.

"So, Ella, what's your story?" Cal asked, tilting his head.

"Well, I don't like talking about myself..." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh, I see. It's okay. Maybe eventually you'll warm up to us and-" just as Cal was finishing his sentence, the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over.

Everyone threw out their trash and put their trays away.

"What class do you have next?" asked Lucy.

I quickly checked my schedule.

"Chemistry."

"No way, your shitting me! So do I," Lucy threw her hands up in excitement.

We eventually walked out of the cafeteria, and headed to our next class.

I never got to finish my apple.

-----

Okay okay. I know. I haven't updated in like forever and I'm so sorry. A lot of you guys were getting really pissed with me. :/

But it's summer now and I have all the time in the world to update now! Yay! I'll most likely update every other night (or at least try to.) Remember, I love you guys!

Please vote, comment and follow!

~Ingrid