17 ~ Falling For You

~~ I know, this draft will be in severe need of editing ~~

The next morning Damien slept in late. Clarissa woke early, made them both breakfast and left his covered on the counter before getting herself ready and leaving.

It was raining. The Irish cliché held true as she left the building via the side entrance that led directly from the flat, avoiding the bar. The taxi was with her a few minutes later and she was dropped off in the centre, right by Trinity College.

Opening her umbrella, she stepped out onto the pavement and went exploring.

First things first, and top of the list for touristy things for her to do, she went to see trinity's famous library and the stunning Book of Kells. Photos did no justice to the work of art Ireland was lucky enough to possess.

After that she made the quick trip over to Dublin Castle then stopped for lunch, by which time she finally looked at her phone and found five missed calls from Damien.

Settled with her tea and waiting for her meal, she hit his contact and held the phone to her ear.

"Clarissa!"

Damien's voice was loud and the instant intake of breath showed he clearly hadn't meant to sound quite so desperate and relieved.

"Good morning," she said, looking at her phone, seeing it was 1PM and correcting herself. "Good afternoon. Did you sleep well?"

"Where are you?" he asked instead.

"Me? I'm in the centre being a tourist," she said, "I saw some of Trinity and the Book of Kells then went to Dublin Castle. Now I'm sat waiting for lunch then I'll figure out what to do after that. Maybe I'll go to the zoo? Or should I go find that famous statue?"

She could practically hear Damien rolling his eyes. "The Molly Malone Statue isn't there anymore and why didn't you wake me up this morning?"

"Because you were asleep."

"Then leave a note?"

"You were asleep."

"Are you being difficult on purpose?"

"Yes."

"Can I come meet you?"

"Of course," she said, reeling off the name of the place. "I'll send you the address."

"No need, I know it. I'll be there soon."

Twenty minutes later, when Clarissa was half way through her lunch, Damien walked in, wrapped in a coat and the hood of his hoodie pulled low over his eyes. He kept it up even when he dropped his coat on the back of the chair opposite her and took a seat.

"You look like a thug," she pointed out, gesturing at him with her fork. "Why the hood?"

"Famous sportsman from the local area? Grown up in London for a good few years sure but still known to be a Dublin boxer. You forget I'm something of a big deal," he said from under his hood, flashing her a grin.

Clarissa rolled her eyes and waved a waitress over.

Damien was right of course. It was obvious when Damien happened to glance at her that the waitress knew who he was in a heartbeat but she had the good graces to not comment on it and took the order and walked away, only to point him out to her colleagues when she reached the counter.

"So you really want to go to Dublin Zoo after this?" Damien asked when his coffee and salad arrived.

"Why not, something to do with my afternoon?" Clarissa said.