Chapter 11

"O ano, iiyak ka na lang ba dyan habangbuhay?" Elle asked her while hiding under the covers of her blanket. "Ikaw na lang lagi ang iiyak?"

They just got home after having a drink. Elle was with her family when she got a call from Raffy na halatang kanina pa umiiyak. She immediately left to find her drinking alone, trying to get herself drunk. It had been two days mula ng nagkaroon na naman sila ng away ni Ethan. She paid for the bill and drove her to the condo where she was staying.

Raffy didn't answer. Elle took the guitar beside the bed and started singing, changing the lyrics to tease her.

"It's been five years, eight months, twelve days since I went away... I miss you so much and I don't know what to say... I should be over you, I should know better but it's just not the case..." she hummed.

She took the covers off her and Elle saw someone who got ten layers of eyebags. Puffy was not enough to describe her eyes. She was a combination of a woman with sore eyes whose face got stung by a bee.

Elle's face suddenly changed and hugged her.

"Tama na," she tried to smile. "Hindi ko nagugustuhan yung nakikita ko."

"Try mo kaya na mapag-isipan na malandi ka, na habol mo lang sex, na para bang ang dumi dumi mong tao, na akala mo wala kang kwenta," she sobbed.

"Hindi yan totoo, alam mo yan," Elle comforted her sadly.

Raffy did not say anything and continued sobbing.

"Ngayon mo lang ba naisipan na itry magmove on? Medyo mahaba-haba kasi yung imomove on mo, seven years?" she asked her boss, turned friend.

"Ayoko na," she said and wiped her tears away. "Call them and cancel the contract. If they wouldn't, they have to find a different printing company."

"Raffy, you're not asking me to buy you some candies, are you?" sagot nya dito. "I told you to think about it before you agree to their offer. It's not because of the offer but because of who you would be dealing with."

She was about to say something when someone knocked on the door. Elle opened it and was suprised who she found.

"Si Raffy?"

"Ayaw ka nya makita. No. Let me rephrase that," Elle said, changing her mind. "Ayoko na makita mo sya."

"I need to talk to her," Ethan said patiently.

"For what? Para sumbatan? Dahil sayo, hindi na naka-move on ang kaibigan ko! Magbibintang ka tapos pupunta ka dito? Gaano kakapal yang balat mo para maatim mong pumunta dito?" inis na sita ni Elle sa kanya.

"Listen, I do not want to argue with you. I know I said something that I shouldn't. That's the main reason why I am here," he said and stopped the door from closing with his left arm.

"Let him in, Elle."

They both looked at her.

"Raffy?! Would you mind checking how you look like at this time? Would you mind if I handle this situation kahit na ngayon lang?!" she sermoned her friend.

"Elle, I said, let him in," she said strongly.

Elle took a deep breath. "Fine. Call me when he's done killing you," she said and went out of her place.

Ethan came in and closed the door.

"Anong kailangan mo? Hindi pa ba tapos yung litanya mo sa akin?"

"Raffy, I'm so-"

"Hindi mo ba nakikita kung anong ginagawa mo sa akin? Are you happy now that I am this devastated until now when I shouldn't be? Tama na please. Ayoko na. Napapagod na akong umasa na maniniwala ka sa akin.Aren't you contented?"