jonathan byers || imagine

prompt: talking about the kiss you and jonathan shared

"I'm not gonna lie," You said, "I had feelings for you, they were small, but they were there." Fiddling with his fingers, Jonathan looked at you and nodded. "But after that kiss, it just, uh-" You were trying to think of a word to describe it, but was interrupted by Jonathan imitating the sound of an explosive blowing up - which was what you were trying to describe. "Exactly like that!" You exclaimed pacing back and forth in Jonathan's bedroom.

His walls were scattered of numerous posters that you liked and his room always had a nice pleasant smell. "Like it wasn't bad, in fact I can't seem to forget about it." You said, your back facing him as you stared at his desk. Scattered chemistry homework crumbled in to balls, pens and pencils lying around all over it. We made an attempt at studying for the science test but quickly grew bored.

"Well, erm, it was a good kiss." Jonathan spoke up from his seated position on the bed. You turned around looking at him.

"Yeah," You agreed. "But it can never happen again."

His head whipped up quickly to look at you, his brown eyes wide. "Never?" He questions with slight shock laced in his tone.

"Well, not never - never." You say with a breathy laugh. Confessing your attraction towards this dork was really hard, especially after the 'accidental' kiss you both shared at Nancy's party on Friday. If you were able to skip this whole "we are friends and we have a crush on each other let's stop pretending we don't" situation you had going on, it would make things a lot more easier for both of you.

You sat down beside Jonathan on his bed, tugging at small creases in your shirt, fixing it so it was nice and smooth. Out of nowhere, he reached out and grabbed a hold of your hands, so both of your bodies were facing each other. You look at each other, you taking in his handsome features.

His cute little smile, his dreamy eyes, his shaggy hair. Everything about him is just gorgeous. His love for his close ones, the way he always is there to cheer you up, the way he holds you in his arms. He is truly amazing.

His breath becomes hot on your lips before you realise he's leaning in to kiss you. Confidence strikes in you as you lean in to kiss him. Connecting your lips, moving in sync, your breathing becomes a bit irregular by the sudden action. You tilt your head back as he does too. "Yeah, never my ass." Jonathan remarks. You laugh and go in to kiss him again.