Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Joshua's POV*

****

It's been a few months now, and any minute my wife can give birth. We just got done eating at our favorite restaurant. On the drive home, Sarah had fallen asleep. So it's just me in silence, trying not to wake up Sarah.

"It's tiiime," a whispered called.

"What the... ehh it was probably my mind playing tricks," I told myself.

"It's tiiiime Joshua," I heard that pleading voice again, but it was closer and louder.

"IT'S TIME JOSHY!"it yelled.

"STOP THE CAR JOSH!" Sarah yelled.

I stepped on the brakes so hard, it felt like the car was only on the front two wheels.

"Why?! What's wrong Hun?" I questioned.

"I-it's time..." she whispered with worry in her voice.

"Oh. Ok, let's go then." I said, scared. Knowing that my time's up. My daughter was leaving us until she freaks the couple out and comes back to us.

******

Once we got there, I sat in the waiting room, calling the stranger and telling him it was time. As I ended the call, the doctor called me into the room to see my new beautiful baby girl, Ivy Meraz. I sat there holding her, waiting for her to open her eyes to she if she has blue eyes or brown eyes, before the couple came to get baby Ivy. As I waited for her to open here eyes, the couple finally showed up..

"Alright, where's the baby?" the stranger demanded.

"Right here," I said with tears forming in my eyes. I passed over the baby.

"Here you go hunny!" the man chimed, passing over the baby to his wife.

"Look hunny! She opened up her eyes!" she cooed.

I stood up and went to the lady. I looked over the baby and saw that she has green eyes.

Lime green eyes?

It worked! My deal with the devil worked! Soon, she well be coming back to us. All we have to do is wait.

"Now, uh, I never caught your names," I exclaimed.

"I'm Mark and this is my wife, Shelly," he said, "Well, we better be going and check umm... what's the baby's name?" he questioned.

"Ivy, Ivy meraz," I said proudly.

"What a beautiful name! Well, we better check out Ivy and take her to her new home. With us. Forever. Thanks again Joshy," he smirked.

"Ready Hun?" I asked Sarah.

"Yes. Please help me babe," she said reaching out her hand.

I went over to help down Sarah. We got her patched up and ready to get checked out. I was thinking and thinking.

When will we have are baby again? Will it be soon, or a few years later?

I just wanted to know, but all I knew was, the deal worked. She has bright, lime green eyes, and she is the cutest baby I've ever seen. All I want to know is, what special, weird gift she has. And most important, is she even dangerous? I was just hoping once we get to have her back, will she even know us? Will she even know she was given away at birth?

'I just want the best for my baby girl' I thought. with tears running down my face. I just remembered that it was all my fault.

Why was I so stupid? To even bet on a baby?! Why must I have been so stupid?!

"It's all my fault!" I said and threw myself onto the hospital floor, sobbing, while Sarah was crying, trying to pull me up and trying to calm me down. 

"What's the point Sarah?" I sobbed.

"I bet my baby in a poker game, and lost her. Now, she's gone, and I don't even know when she will come back. We won't get to have her 1st birthday together. I wont be able to teach her how to walk. I won't hear her first word. What father am I, if I'm not gonna be there by her side growing up?!" I sobbed into Sarah's shoulder. I never been this emotional. I guess it just hit me because I lost the one thing I was hoping for. I just wish I wasn't so stupid.

Please come back home soon, Ivy. 

*****

Aww poor Joshua well hope you guys liked it I just thought about it and made a new chapter so we can start getting into the good parts I the book

Well hope you guys enjoyed.