chapter 1

Chloe POV

(ALDC building)

I walked out of dance. As usual I was second on the pyramid; no one could beat Abbys’ precious Maddie. Sometimes I didn’t know why I tried. I was sat in the changing room by myself; I couldn’t take being in there after what had just happened.

(1 hour earlier. Chloe’s’ house.)

“Chloe hurry up, you know what miss Abby will be like if you’re late for dancing.” I knew, I knew but my stomach still hurt. I grabbed it as I bent down to collect my bags. As I pulled my bags over my shoulder my top lifted up revealing the well hidden scars that lay all along the right side of my body. I kept forgetting not to put my bags in front of the mirror; I hated seeing them so dam much it was unbelievable. I shook my head; I wasn’t going to be put down by them again, at least not now. I ran downstairs and into the car where mum was waiting. “Took your time, everything alright chlobird?”

“Yep, I’m fine. I just wanted to make sure I had everything, that’s all.” I smiled. My mother was clearly reassured as she turned back around and drove off. I pulled out my iPod and disappeared into the music that filled my ears.

(30 minutes earlier. ALDC building)

Mum pulled into the car park of the ALDC building and I ran for it, I wasn’t going to be late if just gave everything to my mum. After I stormed into the changing room I noticed that everyone was still in there whispering to each other and no dance mum was to be found. Maddie stared right at me. “I see you finally decided to show then, I understand how it must have been hard for you to show up.”

I didn’t get it, what was going on? Did they know something I didn’t?

“Mads don’t be so mean.” That was my twinnie.

My mum walked in behind me and handed me my stuff. Then she turned to Paige and Brooke, “Where’s your mother girls?”

“Upstairs.” Brooke replied without looking up from her phone. She spent so much time on there lately, I knew she was growing up but it’s like she never hung around or spoke to us anymore. My mum said goodbye to me and walked upstairs, she looked a bit paler and more weary than usual. I hung my stuff up and sat next to Paige.

 “What was Maddie talking about earlier?” her pace filled with shock. 

“You mean you don’t know.”

“I honestly have no clue,” I said while shaking my head. I shrugged.

“Well.....” Poor Paige didn’t get to finish before.....

“GIRLS WHAT ARE YOU DOING SITTING AROUND YOU SHOULD BE IN FOR PYRAMID.”

Oh how I hated the sound of a mad Abby lee miller. We all rushed into the dance studio.