Chapter 3

I make it home before my mom or either of my sisters make it. Tossing my stuff down on the ground next to my bed, I flop down tired. Before I know it I drift off into a peaceful darkness. Go before it's too late... before I hurt you. I look around searching for the voice that said that, all I see are woods stretches of them. A fierce growl spreads throughout the woods echoing everywhere, even if it sounded scary the animal sounded scared and hurt. Running towards it I enter a clearing and see... "Makayla get up! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph I've been calling your name for the past five minutes." My mother was yelling in my face. I look at her then over at the clock groggily, 10:30 pm. Mom has her hands on her hips looking at me expectantly, "Um...yes?" I say unsure what she just said since I wasn't paying attention at all. Suddenly after hearing that she breaks out into a smile, not wanting to risk pissing her off by asking why she was so happy I chose to keep my mouth shut. She walks out and I hear her yelling at Deanna and Zoe about finding proper matching clothes to attend the dinner in. Wait, wait dinner?! What dinner, when did we agree to go out to dinner? I stand up and rush to my closet, I grab a FallOutBoy tee shirt and some blue jeans. Quickly dressing myself I walk out of my room to see my sisters waiting by the front door with annoyed expressions, walking up to them I stand there too. "Hey, Deanna what dinner is mom talking about?" I ask her. She looks at me, her annoyed expressions slowly turning to anger. She must be hungry meaning mom didn't make dinner this entire time. What dinner is so important that she would risk Deanna turning into the incredible hulk? Deanna doesn't say anything, she just sighs and mumbles under her breath and turns to stare at the wall. Instead it's Zoe who answers my question, "I'm not sure, but mom said it's her boss and his family that invited us over their house for dinner." Mom accepted a dinner invitation over some strangers house without suspecting anything..... I don't buy it. Before I could voice my thoughts aloud to Deanna and Zoe, mom comes from her room with the keys and starts to tell us to go out the door. "Guys come on before, wait Makayla is that what you're going in? I expected you to take a hint from your sisters and wear something a bit..nicer." I look and notice that she's right compared to Deanna and Zoe's dresses they were sporting I was plain. But then again I don't care and she should know this considering she's my mother. I simply shrug my shoulders and turn to open the door, mom sighs knowing that I won't change even if she tried to make me. We walk out the door and into the car, I climb into the front seat and look towards mom curiously. " So mom, why are we going to dinner at some stranger"s house? I'm just interested ya' know since you've never mentioned this person if they are a friend ad if not didn't know you would trust someone so easily." I fiddle with the radio flitting through stations. Mom glances at me, "I told you, it's for work, my boss invited us over to have dinner with his family. Where you not paying attention when I explained that to you?" I nod my head quickly. "Then why are you asking my stupid questions? Huh?" She slaps my hand away from the radio most likely tired of me touching it. Again I shrug my shoulders not wanting to tell her how weird that sounds. The ride was quiet minus the radio and I just gazed outside into the dark. Geez why can't she understand that I'm just worried that a stranger, her boss or not, randomly invited her over for dinner. She's not even including our safety considering we are going to, what if this guy is a serial killer and he feds us to his family who are all cannibals who worship Satan?!" I continue to stare out the window when I start to notice that we were surrounded by woods. Like endless wood areas, getting a bit nervous I look over at mom and see her staring straight in front of her. She's nervous. Finally we pulled up in-front of a huge house, no a house is an understatement, this place is a mansion. Image above. We all exit the car and are greeted by a man, what looks to be his wife standing beside him and a familiar face. It's the guy from school who helped me then disappeared like he never existed. Wait, is he their kid, he has to be right that's a logical explanation as to why he's here. I walk up to them with my family and mom smiles and greets her boss i assume. "Mr. Rivers, thank you so much for inviting my family and I over for dinner." My mom gives him her best humbled voice and smile. Mr. Rivers' wife smiles back at my mom, "Oh it's our pleasure after all we will be working closer together from now on, it's only fair that we get to know our new medical staff member better." My mom looks towards us, " These are my three daughters.." Zoe steps forward a bit first, " Hi, I'm Zoe!" She smiles at them and from the look on Mrs. Rivers face she's already fallen for her "I'm adorable love me' act. Deanna steps up and tries to stand in front of Zoe, "I'm Deanna, I like your hair Mrs it's really pretty." Deanna is trying to win her over with compliments. Of course. "Hello, my name is Makayla." I walk you to Mr. Rivers and hold out my hand for him to shake it, he grabs it in a firm grip and I feel like he's practically crushing my hand. After I shake Mrs. Rivers' hand I turn and look at the guy from school, the very attractive guy whose name I still have yet to figure out. He smiles at and grabs my hand and instead of shaking it brings it to his lips and kisses it. I look away at the ground trying not to show how much that affected me. "Hey Makayla, we have class together at school." He says and his mother claps her hands in glee. "Hunter you have classes with this young lady why didn't you inform us of this?" Hunter, so that's his name..hot.

The Video above you dont have to watch. That's just what I assume the mansion should look like.