Chapter 8:2 (SDPR)

It is unusual to find yourself located in someone's home, especially if you were not invited and you were totally not trying to steal someone's stuff. But in this case, it was very unusual to find myself in someone's home, in their bed, and not wearing clothes. To my knowledge I did not have an endeavoring venture, if you are catching my drift, so finding myself in someone's bed, unconcealed and overt, is quite unusual.

I turn my head to see my cape, or cloak, or however such fabric identifies itself, floating next to my bed as I would expect it to. I can feel it reading my mind, and informing me it identifies as a capelet, but its pronoun is it. It somehow nods to me, and swiftly returns to float there, looking out the window, and seeing through the void and darkness of space-time.

I attempt to climb out of the bed, but I am quickly pulled back by someone. I turn my head to find a boy with pale pink soft skin, and a slightly darker, complimentary cyan. His hair is curly and very foofy, and the side of their head is shaved down to be very thin. Their eyes are a darker, more saturated pink of their skin. They have a rectangular, yet chubby cheeks. He has a cute smile, with his bottom lip being bigger than the top one. Under his lips, he seems to have snakebite piercings. Then I notice his dark grey ears. They are flopped down but seemed to be slightly perked while he stares at me. He seems to be wearing a medium grey dress, with a white collar, a matte black tattoo choker, and leggings that match his dress. He could clearly pull off being a girl.

"Have I-" I am about to ask, before he cut me off.

"If you're wondering, yes I am trans." His- her voice is quite feminine.

I blink several times, trying to process everything.

"-R..right."

As I stand up, pulling myself up from the leaf bed, my capelet quickly covers me up and magically grows in size to be the size of a poncho, give or take.

"You can pick out some clothes to wear, if you want."

Standing up, and looking around, the room is quite a small attic. Diagonally right from the bed were the stairs going down. Next to that, there is a couch and a small television. There are a few open cabinets that hold books and other knickknacks. At the end of the bed, there is a crate with a few papers on it. A mirror sits next to a small office desk, which has more papers on it. There is a big crystal that glows on their desk, and next to it was a familiar desk lamp.

I turned around and walked towards the closet. The door slid open smoothly, and I begin to rummage through her clothes. The best I could find was a crop top and some denim jeans. I reach for a jacket, but the cape seemed to hiss at me anytime I got near it. After a moment of testing the capes patience, I can see that I will not be allowed to wear any jackets from now on. How disappointing. Oh well.

A gentle, four beat alarm clock starts to beep loudly.

"Well, I have to go," she states, picking up her phone and bag, heading for the door.

"I have to go to work. You can stay here for as long as you please. I will be gone for a few hours. You can always return. I don't care."

She smiles gently at me. It's quite a warming smile, but not controlling or forced. She heads down the stairs, and I hear the front door close, before complete silence.

Light from the window behind me shines in. The sky is a light grey, but the majority of my view is blocked by white, compact houses with oak cross boards. I unlock the window and begin to balance myself on the wooden exterior boards. Gripping onto the wooden ledges, I pull the window close and turn to the building parallel to hers. The nearby building is shorter, and I easily jump onto the rooftop.