Chapter 3

|| ♠︎ Nobody's POV ♠︎ ||
       Chara cradled the small child, shushing them and comforting them. Asriel didn't know how to help, seeing that Chara had gained a new sense of protection over the child.
       Chara looked up to Asriel "Asriel, they aren't talking to me. Help me find where they are bleeding." She requested.
       He nodded and walked over to the child Chara was holding and began applying pressure to different parts of the child's body. They seemed scared at first, but they muted their quiet sobs, until Asriel reached their shoulder and they let out a yelp of pain and began crying again.
      Asriel glanced to Chara, then put both of his hands on the child's shoulder, a soft green light glowing under them before the child stopped crying, and moved their shoulder. It wasn't injured anymore. They were silent, looking to Chara, then Asriel.
     "Thank you..." They said quietly.
     Chara  smiled a bit, but Asriel had just nodded "You're welcome. What's your name?" He asked
"Frisk." They replied quietly. "Are you Asriel?" They asked
Asriel nodded "Yes, I'm Asriel, and this is Chara." He introduced the woman carrying the child, and the child looked up to the woman with a small smile.
    Chara smiled back, but she soon realized the child's eyes were covered, like hers had been around that age, but she stood up, still holding the child, and asked "Do you think you can walk?" She asked.
   Frisk was silent, but held on to Chara tightly, not wanting to be set down. Chara smiled a bit, and looked to Asriel.
"We'd better head back to the castle." She commented.
Asriel nodded "Of course." He said, and we began walking through the ruins.
Frisk looked at their surroundings, and asked "Where are we?"
"The ruins." Chara replied calmly
"Oh. What's the castle?" Frisk asked.
"The castle is where the King and Queen live. Asriel's mother and father, and my adoptive family. It's a bit complicated. The castle is a part of the underground, which is split into five parts. The ruins, Snowdin, Waterfall, Hotlands, and the Castle." She explained calmly.
"Oh, okay. Why does Asriel look like that?" They asked.
Chara couldn't help but laugh, and Asriel rolled his eyes "Chara, you asked the same question when you first came down here." He said
"I know, but it's funny." Chara laughed, then explained "Asriel is a monster. Not the bad kind of monsters you hear about on the surface. The monsters are like humans, but they look a bit different, and they have magic." She explained "Asriel is a goat monster. There are a lot of other monsters down here, but I should probably explain the past. Monsters and Humans use to live together on the surface, but the humans decided to declare war. After a long fight, the humans were victorious and sealed the monsters underground with a magical spell. We call this the barrier. No one can cross it. A long time ago, when I was your age, I fell down here, and I grew up with Asriel." She explained calmly "But, time after time, humans would fall and die. That is why we are here. We came to check if any humans had fallen." She said.
Frisk frowned "But.. I didn't fall."
  Chara looked blankly ahead, and said "Neither did I. Don't worry. I understand. We can talk about it later." She murmured.
Asriel had heard them and glanced to Chara and Frisk sadly.
They soon reached Toriel's house. Frisk looked tired. Exhausted is a more accurate word. Chara glanced up to Asriel "Can we let them rest here, and we can discuss what to do while they sleep?" She asked kindly. Asriel smiled
"That's a good idea.."