⭐Apparently⭐

A/N: I just need to address something really quick because a comment was made and it really bothered me. But anyways a girl said y'all make me hate being light skinned bro..

I just want to say that I didn't publish this book as a platform to bash lightskin black girls or make them feel bad about their skin. I really was hesitant to publish a book like this on Wattpad because I know it touches on some sensitive topics in the black community, and some people may get offended by the realities of the situation. All black girls are winning, but unfortunately society doesn't think so. I know that recently on social media, there's been this new trend of praising dark skin black girls and obsessing over them, but outside of social media, where is the praise? Where is the love?

Sometimes ppl hop on waves because they see everybody else doing it. I know that ALL BLACK GIRLS go through issues involving their skin, but as a dark skin black girl, I chose to write about what I can most relate too. I have countless stories and experiences that I could share where I was belittled, overlooked, or talked down upon because of my color. I use to be insecure because of being dark skin, but I eventually learned to love the skin I was in and I am a happier person. And I wouldn't wish to be any other color.

To my lightskin readers, I apologize if this publication has offended you in any type of way. When ppl say darkskin is beautiful, they're not saying, lightskin is not.

For years dark skin women have been at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to beauty standards, and most are coming to terms with loving their dark melanin. Dark little girls don't get told that they're pretty enough. This book is meant to uplift. So if you're sensitive to the truth, then this story isn't for you. Colorism is very much alive in the black community, and there is a thing such as lightskinned privilege. It's just the truth. Let this book open your eyes instead of getting offended by what is really happening with black people. At the end of the day, we all need to love the skin we're in.

-Kira💜
_________________

Two Days Later
Thursday

Two Days LaterThursday

"I keep my head high. I got my wings to carry me. I don't know freedom. I want my dreams to rescue me."- Apparently x J. Cole

Omniscient

⭐Omniscient⭐