⭐Cranes In The Sky⭐

Two Weeks Later
Saturday
6:30 PM

"I tried to keep myself busy. I ran around in circles. Think I made myself dizzy. I slept it away, I sexed it away. I read it away."- Cranes In The Sky x Solange

Omniscient

"Nyla I honestly don't think you should go to this kickback

"Nyla I honestly don't think you should go to this kickback. I mean who do you know is going to be there?" Gabby questioned her best friend, watching as she fluffed out her loose curls.

"Anderson is going to be there." Nyla answered, applying a thin layer of dark purple lipstick.

"Okay, but you barely know this dude. You just started talking to him when, a little over a week ago?"

Nyla smoothed out the pockets of her boyfriend jeans that hung loosely around her small waist, as she adjusted her nude colored crop top. "I wanna get my belly pierced. What do you think?" She asked, disregarding her question.

Gabby stale faced her. "Nyla that's not even my-"

Knock! Knock!

"Gabby! Gabriel hit meeeee!!!!"

Gabby rolled her eyes at the sound of her seven year old sister, Gabriella crying. Since her mother was working a late shift at the hospital, she was stuck babysitting her siblings.

"Gabriel you getting a whooping! Wait till I come out!" She gritted, before focusing her attention back on Nyla, who was examining her appearance in the mirror that hung above her dresser.

"Ny I think you should be a little more rational, before going to that kickback. If you were staying on our side of town, I wouldn't be worried. But you're going all the way on the north side."

Nyla signed obnoxiously. "I appreciate the concern Gabby. I do. But I'm going to this party, whether you like it or not. I've been depressed for the longest now, and I'm just trying to have some fun."

After her mini breakdown, Lola convinced Nyla to see a psychotherapist because she felt like Nyla needed professional help to deal with her anxiety, depression, and grief. Nyla felt weird talking to a random person about her problems, but she honestly didn't know what else to do. She had been to the doctor twice, and the woman was trying to figure out if Nyla needed medicine. The past two weeks had been a blur, from oversleeping and missing school, to keeping up with the overload of school work. Next week was the week of finals and Nyla just prayed that she aced her tests.