⭐️Piece Of Mind⭐️

Monday
7:00 AM
Travis High School

"At least I learned a thing or two. About me and you. What we went through. It made me who I am, I am, I am. I can feel again. Won't be numb again. At least I didn't mess it up. That was all your touch. I don't miss it much. But it made me who I am, I am, I am. I can feel again. Won't be dumb again."- Piece Of Mind x Kehlani

⭐️Omniscient⭐️

A tired yawn escaped Nyla's lips as she pulled up in front of Travis, making sure to park in the back. She didn't like parking next to everyone else because too many of the kids drove reckless and parked any kind of way and she wasn't about to risk getting her car dented and scratched up.

"Fuck this shit." She grumbled, wanting to desperately turn around and skip school altogether. It was just one of those days where she wasn't feeling it. Barely getting any sleep last night was also a contributing factor to her grumpy mood.

Nyla rested her head against the steering wheel before reluctantly taking her keys out of the ignition.

Klonk! Klonk! Boom!

Her head shot up, hearing her engine rumble loudly before it went deaf silent.

"What the..." Nyla's voice trailed off, as she forced her key into the ignition, attempting to start up the car, but she was met with a rumbling sound only. She did this a couple more times without any success.

"Shit." She cursed under her breathe, coming to the conclusion that her battery had died and that she would need a boost later. Nyla was happy that she kept booster cables on her in times like these. Grabbing her backpack and phone, she stepped out of the car, locking the doors.

She shot a quick text to Christian asking him to meet up at her locker. Upon entering the school, Nyla was bum rushed by a group of the band members who were playing a rendition of DJ Khaled's All I Do Is Win. The cheerleaders were swinging their pompoms around, cheering while surrounding students yelled recording on their phones. It was so loud, that Nyla felt her ears ringing. She knew the school was lit and everybody was turning up to celebrate the basketball teams win from Saturday.

Nyla navigated through the heavy student traffic, spotting a few members of the basketball team walking towards the gym. She knew Christian had to be amongst them. A sigh of relief escaped her lips when she saw him by the gym wall, dancing goofily with his friend Teddy.

 A sigh of relief escaped her lips when she saw him by the gym wall, dancing goofily with his friend Teddy

Nyla didn't waste anytime walking up to him, tapping him on the shoulder. "Hey Chris I-"

Her words were cut off by Christian planting a sloppy kiss on her lips before pulling away and walking in front of his teammates doing the Cat Daddy wheelchair move in a goofy manner.