The Old Man in the Green Swater

“Hoří!” shouted the old man in the green sweater vest. “Zavolejte policii!”

               A crude young man bellowed, “Drž hubu!”

               The old man lied a lot. He claimed a thief had come to rob him yesterday. The day before that he said that aliens had come to dissect him. His neighbours were tired of him already. “He’s insane, what an old fool,” they complained.

               Elgit tried to drown out the shouting by blasting unpleasant music from his speakers. From his Mac, Celestica burst into the room. Whenever he worked on programming a distasteful blend of Crystal Castle, Synthetic Violence, Digitalism, and Modeselektor would be played. He suspected his neighbours hated his taste in music.

               Unfortunately, the altercation was still audible even while the synth pop reverberated through the room. A puny old woman had now joined the rash gentleman in insulting the old man. The heavy Czech accents of both elders created friction in the conversation. The broken English tumbled into the conversation alongside the Czech insults.

               “Ne ne ne,” babbled the geezer. “both of you are just to unsophisticated to understand the wild life of a Sir.”

               “Do not insult my sophistication you fuddy-duddy,” object the gray-haired woman.

               Elgit had enough. He shut the program off and stormed past the door. The three belligerents yelled out ridiculous retorts. With a look of annoyance he stopped in front them. Everyone stared at him dumbly.

               “Grandpa, come home you’re annoying the entire neighbourhood,” Elgit scolded.

               “Fine,” Mr. Dvorakova agreed. “These people are far to unrefined for my tastes anyway.”

               The Dvorakova’s walked away from the angry bystanders. Blazing looks of rage were thrown at the old man.

               “Heh heh,” Mr. Dvorakova snickered. “I sure annoyed them.”

               Elgit shook his head in disappointment. Why did he have to get the troll grandpa?