Chapter 7- Ishida's Past

Chapter 7

Ishida’s Past

                It all happened when I was still 8 yrs old. I was walking towards my father with a smiling face as i won the quiz bee. I’m very proud of myself because I know they will be proud of me.

“Chichiwe!!! I won the quiz bee!!!”  as I hugged him

“That’s great!!  We love you Ishida!!!! Congratulations!!!!” as my father said to me and hugged me back. We went to our restaurant  to celebrate. We were so happy  eating the dinner when someone called my mother from the corner.

“Hello,  Loraine, how are you?!? Having great time with your family?!?” I don’t know what’s going on but  my mother’s face went dark as well as my father. There’s a tension among the three of them. My father suddenly stand and yelled at him.

“Get out of my restaurant now!!!”

“Chill, Kazuki. It’s been a long time since we last saw each other. Are you going to greet your old friend in a rude manner?!? You see, I’ve regretted the past. Now I’m successful as you are now and I want to befriend with you again.”

“I don’t need a traitor as my friend. Guards!!!  Get him off.” The guards suddenly came and was about to arrest him when he said.

“I don’t need you to drag me outside of the restaurant. I’m going out on my own.” As he said and left the area. But before that he said something that made us feel strange.

“Lorraine, you didn’t forget what happened before do you?!?  I’m going to take it back.”

“Mother, what’s he saying?!?” I asked.

“Nothing, son . Stay away from him.” As she told me when she hugged me tightly.

We went to the home immediately. After the incident, Mom and Dad were so quiet. I knew something was going on but I don’t know what it is. All I know is that Mom and Dad were bothered by him. I don’t like it. I want my parents to be happy.

***********************************************************************************************************

The next day I went to the school. It has been a boring day for me.  It was lunch time when I decided to sit in the bench and take a rest. I was shock when I saw him. He came towards me, I was about to leave the area when he grabbed my arm.

“Hey. Wait a sec. Let’s talk.”

“Don’t wanna. My mom told me to stay away from you.”

“How rude. I’m really not that bad you know. Try to know me more and you’ll see.” I hesitated for a moment but something’s telling me he’s not a bad guy and that my instinct is telling me that somehow i felt connected to him. And so, we talked and after the class we went to the mall. We ate pizzas that I love very much. Then we went to the playzone and we played basketball. We got tired and just sitted on the bench. Before we could finally apart, he give something to me.

“what’s this?”

“A necklace.”

“Yeah right I know. But what’s this for?!?”

“a Neckalce for you my dear. So that no matter what happen, you won’t be able to forget me.” Then he kissed my forehead and left. I don’t know how I felt but for some reason my tears came out naturally. Maybe I feel pity for him because my parents won’t accept him anymore. After that I went home immediately, afraid that my Mom would discover what had happened earlier. I went to my room to study with my earphones on. After a few hours I fell asleep.