[30] A Fractured Heart

Hey guys,

Attached is a picture of Dillon ;) you don't have to imagine him like this of course, you choose <3

xo

*^*^*

"Hayley, get up."

My head throbs and my jaw aches as I try to open my sore eyes. I meet thoughtful brown irises.

"Hey, are you alright?" Dillon looks down at me.

I notice all the boy's eyes scanning my face as well and try to stand up. Immediately Dillon supports me.

"Let's get you home." He speaks.

"Woah Dillon, you're too weak to drive, mate." Myles places a hand on his shoulder.

"No it's fine." Dillon pushes him off and shoves past all his friends. "You guys have helped enough already."

The boy's faces look ashamed as I get guided towards the door. Once we are halfway out, I look at Dillon.

"Aren't you supposed to be drugged too?" My voice slurs and I only bother to open one eye.

"Myles found me something that helped." Dillon shrugs. "I'm so pissed off at Baz and Zeke right now." His jaw locks as he stares daggers back at the house. Speaking of jaws, mine hurts so much right now. I touch it and inky red liquid stains my fingers. Blood.

"Same." I murmur and then frown. "Wait, why Baz?"

Dillon laughs coldly. "Baz is behind everything we do. He's manipulative like that and can knock out a guy in a heartbeat. It would have been Zeke's idea though."

At that moment, the devil himself appears with horns growing out of his head and smoke masking his true soul.

"Hayley, let me explain." Zeke's voice calls out.

"Leave it." I sigh and continue wobbling.

"No, please listen." He turns me around and gasps slightly when he sees the cut across my jawline. "What happened to your face?"

"I could ask the same to you, but I'm more polite than that." I retort.

"At least let me take you home." His eyes plead with mine. I look at him; his dark brown hair classically messy, his sharp regretful eyes and his face which lies about caring. I break our trance.

"It's fine, Zeke. I can go back to Dillon's." My voice radiates finality. "I'll see you on Monday."

I turn away but hear something from behind me. "Only if you can catch me." I hear him respond as he quotes my text from the week before.

"We'll see." I reply, purposely missing out the part when he called me 'baby'. If I was so important to him, he wouldn't have let me drink whatever that filth was and I wouldn't be in this problem in the first place.

When I come out of my dream I find myself sitting in Dillon's truck, my head leaning against the window.

"You okay?" Dillon leans across and removes the hair that had fallen over my face.

"Yeah I think so." I lie and try to smile. But then I frown. "Dillon, what happened to my face at the party?"

He sighs and I watch his sharp jaw lock. His fists clench. "When you fell, your skin scraped against a broken glass bottle and cut you. I'll look at it as soon as we get to my place. I'm trying to be as quick as possible."