[16] Banging Blacksuits

"You ready?" I hear Zeke whisper as his body comes closer to mine.

I heave a sigh and force myself to look at him. "Both of us will come back, yeah?"

Zeke grins and mocks me unsympathetically. "Pinkie promise!"

I loop my pinkie around his before watching his retreating figure blend into the sunrise.

Now I'm alone.

I feel my ears prick up and I'm startled by every subtle sound breaking the tension in the cold winter air. My breath forms mist in front of my eyes as I sigh and glance at my watch.

6:37

No.1) who got me up this early? And more importantly, how did they manage it?

No.2) if I actually got out of bed to meet the devil then he could at least arrive on time.

I mean, he's seven minutes late.

I could have eaten so many cookies in that time.

Suddenly I hear a cracking sound echo through the beauty of the forest and bounce off the pine trees wrapped in their winter coats of snow. My muscles tense and I pull my bobble hat down over my ears. It was Zeke's but he gave it to me as I complained so much that I was cold. It is burgundy and navy with a few white patterns woven neatly through the woollen threads and smells of his scent. I'm trying to concentrate on the fluffy bobble hat on my head as a distraction when suddenly I start to hear engines roaring.

And then I see them. Three black jeeps, an amazing contrast to the crystals of white snow. The high speed vehicles leave muddy tracks, engraving the snow with nasty prints of their own vile scents before rolling on. I stay standing, in the middle of the road all alone, and pray to god that they'll stop before they hit me.

My prayers are answered and the jeeps slow down. Three Blacksuits climb out, one from each Jeep, with a few extra agents probably just there for a bit of knuckle cracking and target practice. I watch as they approach, hands shaking uncontrollably inside my gloves.

"I have information." I speak, my voice coming out more confident than I am. "And I will make a deal."

One of the male Blacksuits laughs and eyes me up. "Just tell us where Zeke is and we'll leave, Miss O'Sullivan. We will get the information one way or another so there is no need to try and outsmart us."

I try to subtly glance around me, checking for any glimmer of hope or some sort of magical sign to tell me that I'll be okay.

I breathe in the comforting smell of Zeke. "First tell me what you will do with him." I speak courageously and the female Blacksuit shifts her position.

"No time for chitchat." She snarls before twisting my wrist back, making me scream out in pain.

"I won't talk if you hurt me." I try to speak through the horrendous torture of pain.

"Oh I think you will." She grits her teach before gripping my face in her hands. "Quite nice, aren't you? Pity your face is gonna get ruined and your pretty boy won't like you anymore."

"I only work with him at the rink, there's nothing going on." I groan.

"Oh really? I didn't hear you." She smirks evilly.

"I don't feel that way for him." I speak slightly louder.

She slaps me across the face. "Speak up!"