Chapter One

Christopher Brown

7:45 a.m.

I woke up on the couch again. This shit was nothing new. Every time me and my girl had a fight, I'd sleep down here instead of in my own bedroom. The shit we argued about was ridiculous. Either she was accusing me of cheating cause I'd be out late at basketball practice or she'd get upset with me for not giving her my credit card to buy dumb shit. We had a lot of ups and downs but I still loved her. I got up from the couch and went up stairs, doing my daily routine.

When I was done I went to my room, putting on a adidas sweat suit, a snapback and my sneakers. I didn't feel like being in the house with Kristina. I knew for sure she'd start some bullshit, for no reason at all. I grabbed my phone and my keys to one of my Lamborghini's and went back down stairs to my kitchen. Kristina was sitting at the Island on her phone.

"Good Morning.", I said to her.

She looked up at me. "Where you going?"

"A 'Good Morning' would've sufficed but never mind.", I went to my cupboard and grabbed a mug.

"Whatever Chris. Where you about to go?", she asked again. I sighed in frustration.

"To the gym, that's cool with you?"

"Since you asked, no it's not. How I'm suppose to know you really going to the gym?"

"I got on a sweat suit Kristina. You already know I go to the gym every Saturday and Sunday. Why you tripping now?" I went to get some coffee but saw that my whole machine was in pieces like somebody hit the shit with a bat.

"What the fuck happen to my coffee machine Kristina?!" All she did was look at me and shrug her shoulders.

"Don't fucking play with me yo. You know I drink coffee every morning and since you mad you wanna break the shit? That's petty as hell you know that right?"

"Shut up, Chris.", she said.

"Nah, I'm sick of this bullshit. You don't pay for shit in this house so don't go breaking shit aight?", I warned her. With that I walked out the house to my black Lambo. I got in, started it up and drove off down the street.

I love Kristina, I do. But she been giving me a hard time lately and I don't know why. This attitude of hers just came out of no where. Why was she so suspicious of me all of a sudden? She was never like this and had no reason to accuse me. It ain't like I had a girl texting my phone or anything. I hope this was just a phase that she's going through. I'm not gonna be able to put up with this longer.

I pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks and got out. I walked into the store getting a few stares from people who recognized me but I didn't care 'bout that. I just wanted some damn coffee.

"Damn this line long as hell.", I mumbled to myself.

As I waited in line, I heard the door open. I turned around to see this fine ass girl walk in. She was dressed so professional with her white button down, grey and black plaid pencil skirt and her white stilettos on, but she looked good as fuck. I watched as she pushed her long honey blonde hair behind her shoulders and pull her phone out. I saw that she was getting stares from other men as well, baby girl had everyone looking at her fine ass.

"I like how you all dressed up for some coffee.", I said to her. She looked up at me. Her eyes were a beautiful hazel-brown color. "All . . Professional."

She smiled showing her straight pearly whites."I'm on my way to work.", she said.

"Yeah, I figured that. You look good though.", I said.