Chapter 37

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I had more trouble with it than I should have for some reason. I've just been very stressed this week. I'm sorry that it took so long.
All of the chapters after this one are going to be shorter so hopefully I'll be able to update more.
_______________________________________________

Lalea's point of view-

I screamed as a Nightmare came at me. I had no mana to use my magic and my attacks with my sword were proving to be useless efforts. Armen and I stood back to back, both of us left practically defenseless as the Nightmares swarmed around us. I remained uninjured but I was tired from running and attempting to avoid the monsters. I gasped to catch my breath, holding the hilt of my sword in my shaking hands despite the knowledge that the slim blade would not protect me. But it did give me a faint and false sense of comfort.
So many emotions were gnawing at my mind and nearly ripping it apart. Rage, fear, confusion, and over all an overwhelming agony and anguish. Tears stained and layered my skin with burning water. I could barely keep my focus on what was going on around us, only caring for the fact that Drake was gone. I continued with struggling to get myself to grip onto that fact. I did not want to lose him. Even though I felt his life force slip, I refused to let myself believe that he truly was dead. His life force did not fade like I usually felt them fade, so I had to hang onto hope and faith that he would pull through like he always did. Hope and faith was all I had left without him.

"Have faith. Isn't that what you once told me?"

It had only been a few days yet already I could not remember what my life was like without him. Already I felt completely lost, like I had nothing left. It was like without him, my life had no meaning. I bit my lip and tried to hold back the tears in my burning, sore eyes. Drake had become my everything. He filled in a gap in my heart that had never realized that I had and without him, that gap returned twice the size that it once was and so much more agonizingly painful. I was happy with him, truly happy for the first time in years and now... I am just in a world of heartache.
I looked over my shoulder to the boy who claimed to be Armen. He looked older than what Drake described, mainly because of the stubble on his chin but without that he would have a bit of a smooth face like baby, I suppose. He looked terrified and filled with grief over the loss of Drake, tears running from his eyes and his face turning a shade of pink against the ghostly pale complexion.

I hiccuped, then could not help but scream my thoughts. "I thought you were dead!"

The raven haired boy did not even look over to me as he answered, getting down to avoid a Nightmare's attack. He seemed so full of anguish yet so calm. Like a broken man.

  "Well, I was but I was broken, I suppose you could say, so Herobrine was able to corrupt my spirit and turn me into...one of these." He said, once again ducking down to avoid a hit.

He continued. "Then while I was possessed...every day was just a living nightmare. I begged for death at times, but I had to hold on for the sake of Drake and Grayson. I had to keep fighting to stay alive all of those years so I could protect them from him. Then when death finally came..."

More tears fell from his eyes as he obviously struggled with breathing from crying. His head turned to look over the crevice, gazing at Drake's corrupted body who watched with pleasure as Grayson struggled in a battle. He fought a Nightmare with Herobrine watching from the sidelines, smiling and twitching. His body suddenly vanished in the darkness, watching us mortals struggling from who knows where.