Chapter 2

Max's P.O.V.

I groaned as I waited to be launched off the platform, when it was finally my turn I smirked. When I got close enough to a tree I flipped and landed on a strong branch, I went and started tree hopping. I reached the temple where you get the chess pieces, I jumped down and jogged over. "Max! You got here fast." I turned around and saw Yang with a girl with black hair beside her. "This is Blake." "Nice to meet you, I'm Max." I said as I went and walked up to them, I turned when I saw an Ursa suddenly appear from the forest. I sweatdropped when it fell, 

"AWW IT DIED!" I saw a girl whine as she jumped off, a guy wearing green got off and looked sick, like he was gonna throw up sick. "Never, again." I look up to see Ruby jump off of a Nevermore, I went and saw Ruby land on her feet. I heard Weiss's scream and looked up, I watched as Jaune suddenly jumped off a tree and catched her. But, they both fell with Weiss landing on top of Jaune. "Can everyone just calm down for one minute?!" Yang yelled and I saw a girl with red hair run out of the forest with a grimm chasing her. 

"Do you people only attract grimm?!" I asked as I got ready to fight it, "I got it!" Ruby yelled as she ran at it, "Ruby no!" I yelled as the Death Striker shot out some pole thingys, Ruby dodged them all but one caught her cape. "Ruby?!" Yang yelled, I quickly ran and blocked it's scorpion like tail with my sword. I launched it back and spun around slicing the pole in half letting Ruby go free, I landed facing the grimm again blocking another attack. I turned around and picked up Ruby and ran her back towards where her sister was and ran back towards the grimm.

 I jumped up and shot at it and landed on it's head, I flipped off as I sliced its face. I was ready to block another attack until it was suddenly frozen. I turned and saw Weiss and Ruby talking, "We should go now." I said and they nodded, "Let's go!" Ruby yelled and we followed her as we made it to a stone bridge crossing area, we heard a loud bird screech and saw a Nevermore flying above us. I looked and saw the Death Stalker running towards us, everyone ran towards the bridge crossing but was separated when the Nevermore destroyed the bridge. I jumped onto a pillar and watched the Nevermore, I looked and saw Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora fighting the Death Stalker. 

"You guys think of a plan, I'll distract the bird!" I yelled at Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang. I pressed a button on the handle and my sword changed into a gun, I went and aimed at the Nevermore and shot at it hooking my grappling hook at it's claw. I went and jumped off the pillar and swung dodging the other pillars and landed on top of the bird, I started slicing at the bird and shooting at it's face as I jumped off of it. I landed on the bridge part and ran towards the Death Striker, I jumped up and flipped. I landed with my sword stabbing through it's head, making it drop head. I went and ran towards Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang only to stop as I saw Weiss launch Ruby towards the Nevermore and running up the cliff slicing off its head as she reached the top. 

When we got back teams were formed. Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang formed Team RWBY with Ruby as their leader. Jaune, Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora formed Team JNPR with Jaune as their leader. I wasn't put into a team cause I asked Ozpin not too, but he made me at least partner up with Team RWBY. I agreed since I wouldn't have to worry about being in a "team" with them.