Chapter 12

(Changes into coat#1 above to be undercover, will change back into regular clothes later on)

Max's P.O.V.

I went and took a seat in the stands, we were inside of Amity Colosseum. I sighed as we listened to Doctor Oobleck and Mr.Port went over the bracket system. The tournament consists of three rounds: teams, doubles, and singles. The winners of the team round will pick two members to represent them in the doubles round, and, if they move on again, one of the two is selected for the singles round. The remaining combatants will then fight through a bracket until one fighter is the champion.

I watched as Team RWBY used some sort of team attack to finish off Team ABRN from Haven Academy. After the match Emerald, Mercury, and I headed down to the fair grounds, we were needed to gather info on who's advancing to the doubles round. Emerald was talking to Team RWBY while I was standing with Mercury,

"Why are you smelling them?" I asked Merc, "Checking the quality of these boots, and they're terrible." I laughed, "Never trust fair ground boots." "Yeah, I know." I shook my head, "Max?" I looked up and saw Team RWBY, I shrugged. "Ha, you were caught." Mercury teased, "Whatever." "Max! How are you alive?! I thought you were dead! *Gasp* Neptune!! Where-" I covered Ruby's mouth by covering it with my hand,

"No ones going to tell anyone anything," I said as I removed my hand, "B-But, why?! Don't you think he deserves to know?!" Weiss yells, I snapped. "Why does he? That's a good question, because he doesn't. I don't think you have the right to talk to me at all Weiss." I said as I glared at her, "You did leave me to die after all, I barely made it out alive you know!" I yelled, "Why, why didn't you come back?" "Cause, what would be the point? Why would I go back to the ones who left me to die?" I asked myself,

"It doesn't matter, I don't care anymore. Go on and tell him, I don't give a shit." I said as I started walking away, "Wait, Max!" I ignored Ruby's calls and kept walking away, I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. 'Damn, they don't have the right to say if he deserves to know or not.' I thought as I made my way back to the colosseum and sat down, I looked and saw Mercury and Emerald sit at my sides.

I leaned back and watched as Team JNPR began fighting, I sweatdropped as they stopped the fight to have a team meeting. Nora went and hit them with her hammer finishing that round, I sighed. "That was dumb." I mumbled, "Next up we have Team SSSN from Haven Academy vs. Team NDGO of Shade Academy!" My eyes widened a bit and I leaned against the railing and watched closely,

I was shocked when Neptune was avoiding the water the whole time. 'Don't tell me, he's afraid of water?' I thought as he tip toed to the sea and used his weapon to electrify the water finishing off Team NDGO. I watched as Sun and Neptune danced around like dorks, I see Neptune look around then he stops and stares at me and I stared back. I looked away and stood up, I walked away. 

I leaned against the wall as we were in the dorm room, "Now what? Team RWBY and Neptune know I'm here, now probably the rest of Team SSSN and JNPR." I asked to no one really, "Everything will be fine, plus, we have help from our little friend." Cinder said as she was on her scroll, "Go and rest, we have a big day tomorrow." "Yes ma'am." I got up and went to where my bed was and sat on it as I looked out the window to see the colosseum still in the air. I groaned and went to sleep. 

I sat in my seat next to Emerald as we watched Mercury and Yang prepare to fight, I watched as they fought and when Mercury walked up to Yang and attacked her at the end Emerald made it look like Yang attacked Merc. "Mercury!" We yelled as we ran out of our seats and into the arena, I slid so I was right beside Merc. I looked up at Yang, "Why, why'd you attack Mercury Yang?! What did he do?!" I yelled and Yang was very taken aback, I saw the paramedics arriving and they put Merc on a stretcher.

I looked at the crowd and saw Neptune looking at me with sad eyes, I looked away and followed them into the aircraft. They put Merc down on a table inside the aircraft and they left, Neo and Cinder drove the aircraft away. "Ow, doctor how much longer do I have?" Mercury asks faking it, I rolled my eyes. "Dunno." W arrived at our hideout near by and I was sitting on the other side of the table while Mercury was fixing his leg, "You two lay low, Emerald and I will continue with the next part of our plan." Cinder said, I nodded and they left. 

I was walking down the corridors (in my regular clothes)with Mercury and we stopped when we saw Ruby. "Max! Mercury! I thought you guys left Beacon?" I chuckled, "We did, but we came back." I said, "Next up is Pyrah vs. Penny!" We heard them announce, "The whole Metal vs. Polarity thing, it's not good." I said as I shrugged, I rose an eyebrow when Ruby was starting to run away. I smirked,

"If there's one thing I like doing Ruby, it's making sure the prey doesn't escape~" I said as I teleported behind her and kicked her back making her fall down, I let Ruby leave just in time to see Penny being ripped apart by Pyrrha. I watched as Ruby crumbled down crying, the audience terrified, and Pyrrha frozen. I smirked and walked back inside the corridor and walked away with Mercury.