Chapter 13

Max's P.O.V.

I grinned when the Nevermore arrived after Cinder's announcement on how that this is what happens when people place their trust in the Kingdoms and the Huntsmen Academies, stating that Ozpin's teachings are responsible for his students' actions and that Ironwood is a dictator who brought his army to another kingdom, and not for peaceful reasons either.

I watched as the people began to panic, I made my way out and smirked when I saw and made my way to Neo, we turned and saw Team RWBY. We bowed and she made us "shatter", we appeared in Ironwood's flagship. I whistled as we walked down the aisle of prison chambers, I was wearing his hat and was swinging his cane. Neo turned and I shot the access coded plate which opened the cell, Roman goes and stands up walking out.

"Let's go." I said as I gave him his things, I had my tail and ears out. Roman then took over the flagship and begins to fire at the other ships, "For being in the military, you'd think there would be more people on board." I said as I yawned, I looked out the window and saw Adam's aircraft land by the colosseum releasing White Fang members, and with grimm in tow. "I'm gonna go down, see what's going on." I said and Roman nodded and Neo waved,

I went and jumped teleported to the inside the arena as Teams JNPR, SSSN, CFVY, ABRN, and FNKI finished taking down the Nevermore. "Max!!" I turned and saw everyone, "You're alive!" I looked and saw a wide eyed Neptune, "You guys killed my Nevermore." I said as I jumped down, "That's not very nice." I said and they were confused, "What do you mean, your Nevermore? That was a grimm!" I growled, my eyes glowed red and griffons entered the arena.

"Eh?!" I got on one and it flew up, "I got other things to do, ciao." I said as I made the griffon fly towards Beacon, I stopped and turned to see the grimm break out of the mountain. I chuckled and fell off the grimm, landing onto the dragon grimm. "Go, and destroy that damn tower." I said as I jumped off, I looked around to see people fighting the grimm. I ran towards an area where not a lot of people or grimm were and sighed,

"Max." I turned around and saw Neptune standing there huffing and panting, "Neptune, what are you doing here?" "I came here for you obviously!" I was shocked, "Go away, leave. It's not safe for you here, not safe for anyone here-" "Why, why didn't you come back after you were okay?! Do you know how much I-we have all missed you?!" I looked at him and pointed my gun at him and fired, shooting the grimm behind him.

"You should go check on your Ice Queen." I said as I turned around and started walking away, my eyes widened when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I felt his head on my shoulder, "You're unfair Max." Neptune mumbled, I chuckled dryly. "I know, let me go." I said, "No." "Neptun-" "I said no! If I do you'll be gone again!" I sighed, I turned around and wrapped my arms around him.

"You're such a child." I said as I laid my head on top of his, "After this, we can't be together. I'm a criminal remember?" I said, "I know, But-" I went and shot another grimm, "It isn't safe here, you should go." I said as I let him go, "More grimm are coming, and you need to leave-" "You're coming with me." No, Neptune. That's not how this works-" I was cut off by Neptune kissing me, I wrapped my arm around his waist. "You're not fair Neps, not at all." I said as I pouted when he pulled away,

"Looks like I have no choice now, good bye outdoors." I said as we began walking to where they're taking the injured, when we got back I saw Blake and Yang on the floor. "Max?!" I looked to see Ruby and Weiss, Weiss walked up to me and slapped me. "How dare you?! You turned your back on us and attacked Beacon!!" "One, I kinda deserved that. Two, you're the one who left me to die remember? and three all of this wasn't my plan, this thing was planned for a long time." I said,

"Where's Jaune and Pyrrha?" I asked, "They aren't back yet-" I looked and saw Jaune walking up to us, "Where's Pyrrha?" "YOU!!" Jaune tackled me to the floor, "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ATTACK BEACON?! NOW PYRRHA'S GOING TO FIGHT CINDER AND SHE-" I pushed him off of me and stood up, "What are you thinking?" Neptune asked as he grabbed my arm, "I helped cause this, I might as well help stop this." I said as I pulled my arm away, "No, I am not letting you-" I cut him off as I kissed him, I pulled away and ran off towards CCT Tower.

I teleported to the top and saw the dragon destroy the roof, "Cinder, Pyrrha!" I called out to them, "Max? What are you doing here? I thought you were with Roman and Neo, what are you doing here?" "To kill her." I said simply as I took out my sword and pointed it at Pyrrha, "They trusted me enough to let me come her, shame that they didn't know what I was really here for." I said as I shrugged as I looked at Pyrrha, 'If you want to live Pyrrha, when I shoot you'll make the bullet go to Cinder shooting her instead ending this.' I said as I sent her a message, I shot the dust bullet at Pyrrha.

She went and swiped her hand making it go towards Cinder, but she burned it. "Max now!" Cinder yelled, I shot at Pyrrha again and she made it go towards Cinder. My eyes widened when Cinder threw me against the wall as she dodged Pyrrha's attack breaking it, making me roll and fall of CCT Tower. As I was falling I looked to see everything turn white as I heard a scream.