Chapter 8 - Home (epilogue)

Final chapter :)

Please comment and vote, also check out my other books.

Storms eyes fluttered and her blood pooled onto the cavern floor.

"Check......room.....there" she breathed out and then her eyes shut, chest rising slowly.

Wanda and Natasha ran to the room.

Steve and River gripped each of her hands and prayed in their own way for the wolf child to heal.

The two woman ran back with a small vile clutched in Wanda's hand.

"Here" she gave it to River.

Nefershinit's potion

Can save one life, when on the brink of death.

Seal with a loved ones kiss.

River applied the potion to the wound in Storm's stomach.

River then looked at Steve, who bent down and placed his lips to hers.

He tasted the metallic flavour of the blood that stained her lips, and quickly pulled away.

A light came from her chest and enveloped her.

It blinded the group who looked away from her light, when it faded she late still, the wound in her stomach was gone, and she lay there peacefully.

Another light came from the corner and a woman as perfect as a goddess stepped through the lit portal.

"Mother?" Storm spoke, now sitting up and awake

"Am I dead?" She asked

"No my child, you are very much alive"

"How are you here" River said

"I am only here to visit my children for a short time before i must rejoin the fallen"

"Is father ok?" River asked

"Your father is ok, he is now at peace"

"Storm do not be afraid of your power, it may have a darkness but even good can shine through the deepest of holes, River lead the pack with pride. I love you both my children" 

Her voice echoed through the cavern as she dissapeared.

~~~

They returned to Tikanii in the coming weeks and the Avengers spent a few days helping to clear the ruin, as the tribe made their way back to their ruined home.

Those in Managataa had the option to join Tikanii which most gladly did, happy they were free from the torment that they had endured, those that were loyal to Vitalis were killed.

~~~

"Come with us Storm, there is a place with us, with me" Steve spoke

She gazed into his eyes 

"My place is here, for now. Maybe when Haven is rebuilt I will join you but until then, I must help the tribe. Goodbye"

She placed a soft kiss against his cheek, shifted into her Dire Wolf, and her Akela and Fyla ran into the woods, her black fur becoming invisible in the woods.

"Come on, we must go" Clint placed a hand on Steve's shoulder who with one final look to the forest, followed on.

~~~

It had been 2 months since Steve had last seen and heard from Storm. Though, he had gotten a letter before.

Tony called out to him "Hey Capsicle there's a letter from your girlfriend"

Steve opened the letter, a soft paper-like sheet fell from it and he read what was written.

Dear Steve,

Sorry it has been so long, we have been very busy here at Haven.

The repairs are coming along well and we have almost doubled the houses and still we need more which is very good.

A few nights ago River was crowned Alpha, which he had taken to like a fish to water.

It's all changed but there is still a lot more to do before I can leave Haven.

We have now decided on a name for the pup, His name is Aysala, it mean Honor.

He is growing so fast and I truly cannot believe how much everything had changed.

I am looking forward to seeing you sometime in the future.

Best wishes,

StormFyre Tikanii

Beta of Tikanii, Dire Wolf shifter.

Steve smiled at the news, and the prospect of seeeing her in the future.

Another sheet fell down from the envelope as well.

Steve,

Hope you are well.

Haven is currently under reconstruction and my sister is looking forward to meeting with you once again.

As the new Alpha of Haven I would like to propose an alliance between our people, to unite human and shifter.

Remember you will always be a friend of Tikanii.

From,

River Tikanii

Alpha of Tikanii, Grey Wolf shifter.

Ps, look outside

In confusion Steve looked outside the window and saw Amber eyes.

Storm smiled softly as she saw the one she loved.

Steve ran outside ignoring the weird stares he got from SHIELD workers.

They embraced.

"You are never leaving. You know that" Steve joked

"I wouldn't dream of it" she smiled and their lips met.