Chapter 3: Unlucky Day

Hailey's POV
It was as usual another boring ass day at school. I am seriously not looking for it but I had to for Sereny. She's my only hope there other than Ezra of course. But anyway, I slip into my white tank top and ripped jeans. (p.s. I showered already) I went downstairs only to see that there's no breakfast on the table. Great just great. Me who's always grumpy when hungry, just grabbed my bag and left the house without saying goodbye to anyone. I then rode my bicycle to school for a change only to have it be burst in the middle of the journey and was forced to walk and push the bike at the same time to school. It was a dread. Finally once i'm in school, I locked my bike and went straight to my locker.

Ding.

My phone went off. It was BlackSoul.

BlackSoul: Hey friend!
LastingRay: Hey 👋
BlackSoul: Wyd? I'm just fixing my bike really.
LastingRay: Wish you were here to fix MY bike. It actually puncture in the middle of my journey.
BlackSoul: Suck doesn't it. LOL.
LastingRay: Meanie. Anyway gtg class!

And that's how our short conversation ended. I'm going to be completely honest. I am kind of sad it had to end but whatever Sereny will make it up. Speak of the devil, right when I closed the locker, she was there right beside me.
"Hey".
"Hey? Just hey?!"
"Just having one of those days really. Let's go to class and hope it won't suck like it always has."

We both walked to our history class and sat next to each other like we always do. Soon, the teacher walked in with a smile on her face and let me tell you THAT is rare. She barely smiles ever because we her students are just pure daredevils. We always just give her a hard time especially the boys. Always throwing paper airplanes or sticking pins on her seat. But we're all equally bad since we never stopped them. Like as if we would. But today, she was different. Like she just heard the greatest news ever.
"Class, I have great news for you! You'll be attending a trip in two weeks to the most prestigious school in London. Riverton High School. There you will experience life of a normal student for a month. And if chosen, you will be able to stay there for a year!"

WHAT?! A YEAR?! NO WAY IN HELL AM I LETTING THAT HAPPEN. No wonder Ms Miller is so happy about it. She'll be away from us that's why. But it's not like we want to be with her anyways. I turn to look at Sereny who's eyes are so wide it could almost explode. She then looked at me.
"OHMYGOD HAILEY!!"
"What? Don't tell me you're excited!"
" I SO AM. Remember EmoshBoy?"
"Uh yeah?"
"HE IS FROM LONDON AND HE IS FROM RIVERTON HIGH OHMYGOD."
"WAIT WHAT"
" I KNOW RIGHT. It's fate."
"NO NO. He told you where he's from and he's education- SERENY! Don't tell me you told him your information too?"
"Uh kinda"
I can't believe her! That's something I would do but I never expected her to do it herself. I can't tell you how proud I am of her. So proud. Damn. Anyway, whilst everyone chatted throughout the whole lesson about the trip, I can't stop thinking of what clothes I should wear for OOTDs.

"And class, you'll have to be wearing uniforms. Class dismissed."

WHAT HECK NO! Uniforms? Really. What a day it has been.

--------

a/n
thanks for reading this chapter!!
lots of love, H